Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???
I got him down from asking price of $9,500 to $8,500. The only problem is:

1) I found a leak in the left front wheel; it has wet brakes so I'm guessing that a seal is bad. The guy brought it in the shop to get it fixed.
2) I am putting more $$$ down on it Thursday. I have until August 3rd to get the rest of the $$$ to him.
3) I have to rent a double axle trailer to pick it up. Any suggestions?
4) I am thinking of selling my BIG TEX single axle for a double axle. Any suggestions?

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #62  
so he is haveing it fixed? I would get any double axle trailer you can find that looks decent. Usually new is the best bet. Your prolly gonna want a 18fter for that tractor.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #63  
I got him down from asking price of $9,500 to $8,500. The only problem is:

1) I found a leak in the left front wheel; it has wet brakes so I'm guessing that a seal is bad. The guy brought it in the shop to get it fixed.
2) I am putting more $$$ down on it Thursday. I have until August 3rd to get the rest of the $$$ to him.
3) I have to rent a double axle trailer to pick it up. Any suggestions?
4) I am thinking of selling my BIG TEX single axle for a double axle. Any suggestions?

That is confusing the brakes are on the rear only and I am not even sure the JD has wet brakes since mine is a sister tractor and they are dry brakes. If he said that I would be a bit concerned he knows a socket from a pipe nipple.

The knuckles are prone to leak from how many of them I have read about on here anyway mine leaks a little but I am not going to worry until it leaves spots on the floor fwtw. What I am saying is depending on how bad it is it may not be a deal breaker but hey if he fixes it right good for you.

Price is right but how does it run and are all the gears working and the clutch is it adjusted ok and has not been adjusted to the end of its adjustment and PTO all in good order and BH operational go dig a hole and see!?

Yes a double axle trailer will be needed it will be impossible to balance it and get the correct tongue weight etc on a single axle fact I would be surprised if it wasn't illegal to do it? It would be very dangerous is what I know for sure. I have a 15' with a 4' tongue where my spare tire sets and use that to set my bucket on when i have a mower etc on other wise I can just get mine on. hth

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #64  
Yea Doc, was wondering about the "front" knuckle and the "wet brakes " myself. As there are no brakes on the front of even a 4wd tractor.

Those knuckles leak thats just a given. My uncles 14 yr old or so JD leaks from one of them too, its not just a 30yr old problem.

Accoriding to him his trailer only will hold a few thousand pounds so that tractor will be over weight. I would not move it around the yard on a single axle trailer!! You will damage the trialer most likely, if all it is is a busted tire.