You getting ready for 2023?

/ You getting ready for 2023? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I don’t know about you, but I am trying to get ready, but still have some unanswered questions.
1. Need to find a rake. Still can’t decide between wheel & rotary. Would like a Krone or Claas rotary.
2. Waiting for sprocket & chain replacement on Krone baler pickup. Chains are stretched to limit and sprocket teeth look like toothpicks.
3. Also just finished getting monitor recalibrated and software updated. Found a couple fractured pins in harness, too. One bad ground.
4. 2 tractors need oil changes & lube. No big deal.

Still looking for a replacement for the Kubota M126X. Used tractors cost about 30% more than they did 4 years ago.

Other than that, bring it on!!

/ You getting ready for 2023? #2  
I'm trying to find a used land plane 60 inch but they're hard to find around me. Probably going to have to buy a new one.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #4  
Seen the neighbors going through corn planters and spring tillage equipment. Guessing be 3 to 4 weeks before spring field work and planting starts around here.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #5  
I am excited about this one.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #6  
I did go and get 4 bags of pasture grass seed the other day -
now if the snow would quit.....

/ You getting ready for 2023? #7  
I'm going to pick up a 5' Land Pride Heavy duty RCR 1860 Bush hog ($1500) tomorrow looks like it hasn't seen a lot of use. I'm going to sell my 4' medium duty Land Pride.

It is 2.5 hours one way but I'm ready to get out of the house.

1680300018285.png

/ You getting ready for 2023? #8  
Have fertilizer ready to go for the hay fields and if the weather cooperates I’ll get it spread this coming week. Might try and put in a first round of sweet corn this week also. It will be a risk as it’s very early for sweet corn here but the weather looks warm enough.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #9  
Yeah if you put the corn in the ground before soil temps are 50°, you might as well be feeding it to the birds. Ask me how I know. 😆

/ You getting ready for 2023? #10  
the snow melt is getting me overwhelmed already …

1- i got a burn pile to finish burning and grass burn the field
2-need to plow 1/4 of a field once it’s burned
3- installed windows in the gazebo
4- built a water tower for the camper
5- built a wood shack, and stack the wood in it
6-need to plow and disk a 1/4 of a field
4- I have some patch seeding to do on my main field
6-built a fence for the horses
7-my rotary rake need attention some bearing to change

will try to do as much as possible before the mosquitos comes out