You getting ready for 2023?

/ You getting ready for 2023? #21  
I just bought this claw grapple. Wasn't planning to buy a grapple this soon but I went over to my Yanmar dealer to look for a Land Plane and the only one they had, that was the size I need, was sold.

So I was looking at the grapple and he threw me out a price and I felt it was reasonable considering the prices I was seeing for other makers. I plan to do tree cleanup later this summer, after garden is in.

It will take that long to get the third function valve in

I have my name on a BEFCO Land Plane at another location and he is supposed to call me when it is in.

After I get the Land Plane, this should complete my implement arsenal, for now! ;)

1680956794330.png

/ You getting ready for 2023? #22  
This should complete my implement purchases this year. I have a couple to sell though. I went to the JD dealer to get a couple of hydraulics fittings and spotted this. It was exactly what I have been looking for and the price was right. not quite as heavy as the BEFCO but sufficient for my needs.

PXL_20230410_214426340.MP.jpg

/ You getting ready for 2023?
Tick tock!!!
Hay time is fast arriving.
I’ve gone through 2 of 3 tractors and fixed everything I could find that was broken. Both AC units needed help. One lost all refrigerant over the winter, but when pressurized, we don’t see any leaks. I recharged it, but don’t have a lot of confidence it’s going to hold. The other had lost its outdoor temp sensor. Broke off under hood and fell off somewhere causing HVAC system to go schitzo.
Switched from green coolant to pink in the Massey. Heard of enough cavitation issues to scare me into it. New oils & filters in both. Challenger already has it.
Finally found a half decent mounting spot for water extinguisher on the Challenger.
Krone Large square baler had some bearings, chains & sprockets replaced. Also found a nasty electronic gremlin that was causing power-up issues (as almost always, it was a bad ground). Fixed a couple grease lines. She’s ready to bale now.
Still looking at rakes!! Kubota (Knvernland) has a great deal on a twin, center delivery rake with (of course) their typical low rate financing. Claas dealer has similar rake but wants $3,000 more. Or I may go small and just go with a Krone 42T.
Going to change gearbox oil and grease tedder today.
Switched grapple from flat face back to pioneer couplers. Done with flat face.
Going to go through Pottinger disc mower this week and get it hooked up.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #24  
Tick tock!!!
I’ve gone through 2 of 3 tractors and fixed everything I could find that was broken. Both AC units needed help. One lost all refrigerant over the winter, but when pressurized, we don’t see any leaks. I recharged it, but don’t have a lot of confidence it’s going to hold. The other had lost its outdoor temp sensor. Broke off under hood and fell off somewhere causing HVAC system to go schitzo.
Switched from green coolant to pink in the Massey. Heard of enough cavitation issues to scare me into it. New oils & filters in both. Challenger already has it.
Finally found a half decent mounting spot for water extinguisher on the Challenger.
Krone Large square baler had some bearings, chains & sprockets replaced. Also found a nasty electronic gremlin that was causing power-up issues (as almost always, it was a bad ground). Fixed a couple grease lines. She’s ready to bale now.
Still looking at rakes!! Kubota (Knvernland) has a great deal on a twin, center delivery rake with (of course) their typical low rate financing. Claas dealer has similar rake but wants $3,000 more. Or I may go small and just go with a Krone 42T.
Going to change gearbox oil and grease tedder today.
Switched grapple from flat face back to pioneer couplers. Done with flat face.
Going to go through Pottinger disc mower this week and get it hooked up.

My mother-in-law's tractor needs some help with the AC as well. Is it the same as charging a car air conditioner? I've done that a few times but never a tractor.

My mother-in-law's tractor needs some help with the AC as well. Is it the same as charging a car air conditioner? I've done that a few times but never a tractor.
Yes, from what I understand it is.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #26  
Tick tock!!!
Maintenance all done, fuel tank refilled, grease gun reloaded. Should have started mowing Friday, but rain was due in Sunday. Got wet, Sunday, Monday and again this AM. 60% chance for next Sat, Sun, Mon………..

/ You getting ready for 2023? #27  
200 firs planted, first 4 rows of sweet corn planted, l4150 all fluids and filters changed, fleet of derelict lawn tractors serviced, wife's zero turn serviced, repaired outrigger on subsoiler (note to self taken not to forget about it when driving into barn) could also be posted on stupid things thread. Greased and serviced my one row corn planter. Greased mini x and removed several dozen Xmas tree stumps. did quite a few other things and of course forgot to do other stuff.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #28  
Friend of mine I work with a lot says chopping at his dairy starts Monday if weather's good. Had a week of rain, now a week of sun and warm temperatures and grass is really taking off. Trying to finish up spreading manure on corn ground and get it all planted before mowers roll but we'll see...

Just finishing up installing an updated breather on my Magnum. Pottinger mower maintenance is done. Massey and Challenger are done. Servicing tedder today.
We gettin close.

/ You getting ready for 2023? #30  
Just finishing up installing an updated breather on my Magnum. Pottinger mower maintenance is done. Massey and Challenger are done. Servicing tedder today.
We gettin close.
Weather report looked clear all week. Cut 25 on Sunday, tedded Monday, finished bailing as the raindrops started Tuesday. :mad: Glad we decided not to cut more on Monday.