You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,401  
One thing I noticed at my 40th was that the best looking women were the ones you never really noticed in HS, quite a few of the ones I thought were hot in school looked well past their prime.

"Rode hard and put away wet"..........that's how the local cowboys would express it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,402  
Neighbor Vivian grew up outside Winnemucca NV and at 100 was at her reunion... Only one there from her class and they made her grand marshal of the parade.

She was already paid for the 105 reunion but pandemic shut it down...

Going back was the highlight of the year...

Asked what her secret is she said California Living since all the locals had been long gone and her boyfriend 20 years her junior...

She outlived her husband, child, grand child, great grandchild leaving only a single 2 year old great, great grandchild...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,403  
I was going to a nice new high school then in the 60s there was "forced bussing" integration so I had to go to a school farther away with students I didn't know. Everything most people experience I never did, Prom, dances, etc. Even graduation day I was there but no cap & gown, not on stage, etc. After it was all over & everyone left I asked the principal "don't I get a diploma?". He looked around through papers..."oh yea...here ya go".

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,405  
She outlived her husband, child, grand child, great grandchild leaving only a single 2 year old great, great grandchild...
Dude... it was a feel-good story, up to this point! That's depressing.

My great-grandmother also outlived her only son and first grandson, in reverse order.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,406  
My high school is so small that they have an "all class" reunion every year.
So does the school I went to. It usually had a total of 450-500 students in K-12th grade. My graduating class in 1968 was 31 kids, and the last I knew 11 had passed.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,407  
I only know of a few that have passed from my HS class of about 250. A couple from cancer, a couple from other causes, and one was in an air force plane crash while training. Most are 62-64 years old now.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,408  
Dude... it was a feel-good story, up to this point! That's depressing.

My great-grandmother also outlived her only son and first grandson, in reverse order.
When she was 101... she stood up and spoke at her son's funeral... could have heard a pin drop.

Her husband passed away in his 50's and she had the kindest and sweetest words for her only child... saying no mother could ask for anything more… every Friday she baked his favorite pie and just the two would visit… sons wife said nothing gets in the way of Friday evening pie with momma.

I think pioneer stock just has to be tough to make it through the hardships in the middle of no where desert so long ago.

I've learned a lot from my most senior neighbors and they still call me the kid...

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,409  
When she was 101... she stood up and spoke at her son's funeral... could have heard a pin drop.

Her husband passed away in his 50's and she had the kindest and sweetest words for her only child... saying no mother could ask for anything more and every Friday she baked his favorite pie...

I think pioneer stock just has to be tough to make it through the hardships in the middle of no where desert so long ago.

I've learned a lot from my mist senior neighbors and they still call me the kid...
when your 5 year old grandson has under wear and granddaddy is wearing adult depends.