You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,381  
I've stopped seeing obits of classmates parents and teachers.
I'm seeing obits for classmates.
I put a small checkmark in my high school year book.
I'm starting to get some pages with multiple checkmarks.
I went to my 30 year high school reunion. There was a table there with candles and pictures of students. I told my friend the county sheriff how nice I thought it was...he said those are the deceased!!!
We didn't have a 40 or 50 year reunion. When I asked why he said not enough people left!

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,382  
I went to my 30 year high school reunion. There was a table there with candles and pictures of students. I told my friend the county sheriff how nice I thought it was...he said those are the deceased!!!
We didn't have a 40 or 50 year reunion. When I asked why he said not enough people left!

Wow. That’s tough.

Our 50th is this year.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,383  
Yeah, it's all relative. My step father said recently, "I thought I was old and rich, until I moved to Florida."
He is right too.

There are some places in Florida where the amount of money is unreal.

It has been decades, but I once saw a three car fender bender in an affluent area in Florida. It was a Mercedes, Porsche, and either a Jaguar or Rolls. In some places, seeing ONE of those cars would be unusual at least once upon a time.

This morning I had a Mercedes SUV behind me and another one pulled out in front of me. That was really odd. Don't see many of those vehicles much less where I was at the time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,384  

I would interpret that to mean that there weren't enough that were still coming to the reunions.

I went to my 20th, and that was it. I was glad I went, but I wasn't interested in making it a regular thing.

One of the things that surprised me was that the high school cliques still seemed to be in place. I figured that we are all adults now and would interact on a different level, but the people that wouldn't want to talk to me in high school didn't seem interested in talking to me twenty years later.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,385  
I would interpret that to mean that there weren't enough that were still coming to the reunions.

I went to my 20th, and that was it. I was glad I went, but I wasn't interested in making it a regular thing.

One of the things that surprised me was that the high school cliques still seemed to be in place. I figured that we are all adults now and would interact on a different level, but the people that wouldn't want to talk to me in high school didn't seem interested in talking to me twenty years later.
I graduated from a rural school, about 90 graduates. Table had about 25 pictures & candles and 50-60 there, so I don't think it was lack of interest. I believe the sheriff who said not enough left.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,386  
A similar story here. My dad was born in 1896 and my mom in 1899. I have already outlived my 3 brothers and 2 sisters by more than 10 years.

You really know you are old when your kids start talking about signing up for Social Security.
I feel much younger now. Your dad was older than my granddad.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,387  
Class had one every five years with its 50th two years ago. Never whet to any of them. Fellow students had nothing to do with me in school, I do not want anything to do with them since.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,388  
RE: High School Class Reunions... I graduated in '87 went directly into the Army. I have not been to a single one, and don't plan to. I've gone to several Military Unit Reunions. I am still in contact with so many, that I served with over the years, but maybe only 3 or 4 from my High School Days.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,389  
Speaking of high school reunions, my mother in-law is a member of the "Riley Over The Hill Gang". She attended Riley High School in South Bend, IN.

The only requirement for admission to the club is that you had to have graduated from Riley AT LEAST 50 YEARS AGO!

They have a reunion every summer. Last one had right around 500. The oldest was something like 106!

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,390  
I graduated from a rural school, about 90 graduates. Table had about 25 pictures & candles and 50-60 there, so I don't think it was lack of interest. I believe the sheriff who said not enough left.

Wow, that's a lot of people dying in their forties! It seems like something is going wrong in that demographic beyond normal aging.