You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,711  
I have a cousin that lived in the D.C. area and the Lakeland, FL area. She'd put her car on the auto train several times a year because she didn't like that long of a drive.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,712  
I know he's not jacking up the car. I know this was a big issue with bias ply tires, developing flat spots, but I always thought radials were more forgiving of sitting a few months.

Depends on the construction of the radial. I have some heavy duty Toyo radials on my Jeep and 4x4 van. Both those vehicles often sit for a month or so without being moved. When I do drive them it takes about 20 miles before they smooth out. Until then it's a bumpy ride. I'm willing to put up with that minor inconvenience though, as these tires are the only ones I have never rock broke.

Not too many tires these days still have this many plies in the tread:
P1000669er.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,713  
I have a cousin that lived in the D.C. area and the Lakeland, FL area. She'd put her car on the auto train several times a year because she didn't like that long of a drive.

My parents used to do this, but since the auto part of the train stops at DC, it still left a 5+ hour drive to their home north of Philly, atop all the hassle of queuing and loading cars. Ultimately, not worth the hassle for them, as shipping car door to door and flying themselves was faster and more convenient, and not all that much more expensive.

If they lived closer to DC, then the auto train would probably be the way to go.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,714  
... when you ask about and start ranking in order of preference, the cause of death of your acquaintances.

... if you've ever uttered the phrase, "that's a good way to go".

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,716  
And, you're old if you remember people that bought gas by the number of gallons rather than by the dollar amount.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,717  
And, you're old if you remember people that bought gas by the number of gallons rather than by the dollar amount.

Or, they said “filler up with Ethyl”!

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,718  
Or, they said “filler up with Ethyl”!
My first job after high school was at a Mobil station on the NYS Thruway (I90). I probably heard that phrase at least two dozen times an hour on busy days. Back then regular gas was 23.9 cents per gallon.