You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,794  
You know your old when you remember getting on an airplane and all the women wore dresses and the men were in suits.
And they weren't the crew!

Nowadays, most of the passengers look and smell worse than refugees, and behave like two year old children.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,795  
I “only” need my glasses for far away stuff. Don’t need to read or watch TV. But, I really should wear to drive.

So, it usually when I’m getting ready to leave the house I start looking.

My wife tells me to put my glasses by the keys and it won’t be an issue anymore.

Great idea dear - now, where did I leave the keys?!?
That sounds familiar. I hate keys, and the need for them. But mostly, I hate the stupid buzzers that go off when I leave them in the ignition. In my Colorado I just pull it out, then back in again. On the Toyota it'll just keep buzzing, so I automatically pull them and set them on the console.
Or someplace.
Tonight I came home and couldn't find my house keys. Oh there they are, still in the door from this morning. The alarm in my Colorado had gone off for no reason so I'd rushed inside the house for the key to shut that off, and never locked the house door.

In winter I leave my glasses in the truck. No need for them in the house, and it's too dark to need them outside.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,796  
I “only” need my glasses for far away stuff. Don’t need to read or watch TV. But, I really should wear to drive.

So, it usually when I’m getting ready to leave the house I start looking.

My wife tells me to put my glasses by the keys and it won’t be an issue anymore.

Great idea dear - now, where did I leave the keys?!?
One of the pluses of my particular cataract surgeries is that corrective implants came along with the operations. For the time being, at least, I only need cheaters for close up. They come two pair for around fifteen dollars and I have several pair so I can wear one while waiting for the rest to turn up.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,797  
One of the pluses of my particular cataract surgeries is that corrective implants came along with the operations. For the time being, at least, I only need cheaters for close up. They come two pair for around fifteen dollars and I have several pair so I can wear one while waiting for the rest to turn up.
That would be super cool. My ophthalmologist told me last year that my eyes finally stopped changing correction wise. But he also said it would be a while before I need cataract surgery. Dang it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,798  
Best outcome is when you have a stable prescription otherwise greater risk your vision continues to change post surgery.

Most of our patients opt for premium lens but some opt for the basic cataract lens.

Last Thursday one doc did 21 in a long morning.

It takes skilled staff and two operating rooms always in motion to accomplish.

Cataract surgeries are one of the few where I have direct feedback because I get to see the patient again for the other eye.

Patients outlier range is from about 40 to late 90’s.

The bulk mid 60’s through 70’s in age.

Many have it done to pass driver’s license and some just want to see their alarm clock without glasses!

A few have it for employment like police and pilots.

I mentioned we have people from Canada that pay all out of pocket because they don’t want to wait but more because they want a lens not available in Canada.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,799  
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,800  
Then you find the first one on the shelf in the exact place where it's been for a year... except when you looked for it last week.

I still don't know how THAT happened... I live alone.
Quick poll...

How many basin wrenches have you purchased in your lifetime?

Me - 3.