You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #901  
I hear ya. I hate flying too, even though I had a job that required a lot of travel for 12-13 years.
I enjoyed flying until toward the end it got to be that I was always one of the ones they would pull out of line to do an "extra" screening on. The LAST time I flew it was out of the local airport (small maybe 3-4 flights a day), my wife had dropped me off a early (cannot remember why), I had time to kill and being a small airport i spent time talking to the local agent. When it came time to board, me and one other guy who showed up at the last minute, the agent decided I was to be thoroughly checked before boarding. Coming back home I got the same treatment in N.C.

Tired of the crap I took a company vehicle and drove after that. The powers that be did not like for me to drive but I didn't care I had had enough.

/ You Know You Are Old When #902  
Also retired, I don't care what day it is and only rarely the time. It's great.

I've still got my old 1980's Timex watch that works fine despite a number of electrical marks from hot wires. Come to think of it, hot wires were why I stopped wearing it.
Takes a licken and keeps ticken...

/ You Know You Are Old When #903  
First time I flew at least half the passengers smoked, the guy next to me was drinking from a bottle he brought on himself, the meal was good, got a pillow and blanket just by asking. You could ask to go up to the cockpit.
The pilot joked about his name being Orville.
I was 4 flying Pan Am to see my grandparents for the first time...

Loved every minute with all the special attention from the flight crew... the highlight was when the stewardess came back and said the captain would like to meet me... she took my hand and walked me to the cockpit where the captain presented my wings...

All I could ask is how fast are we going and the captain showed me...

/ You Know You Are Old When #904  
I was 4 flying Pan Am to see my grandparents for the first time...

Loved every minute with all the special attention from the flight crew... the highlight was when the stewardess came back and said the captain would like to meet me... she took my hand and walked me to the cockpit where the captain presented my wings...

All I could ask is how fast are we going and the captain showed me...
I would of said: "captain said everything SHOULD be OK but thought the stewardess here should explain how the parachutes work".

/ You Know You Are Old When #906  
When I was 4 years old my parents took me to Lost Caverns(?)...can't remember exactly where it was, maybe Tennessee or Kentucky, but it was in a cave with a glass bottomed boat. I'm guessing 10-15 people on it. We ride out in middle of lake and guide turns light out. It was pitch dark. Guide says they've never found the bottom, it's so deep.
All is quiet until I yell "Is there a doctor in the house?".
Yes...I would have been that 4 year old.

/ You Know You Are Old When
I knew I was old today when I changed the zero turn oil.

Laid down and put the oil drain pan under the filter. Took off filter. Unscrewed the oil plug. All good.

Except —- now I had to get back up. Used to be easy. Not so much anymore!!

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #908  
Not saying I'm old, just noticed that I renewed my driver's license online this weekend. New one arrived. It's good for 7 more years. It will expire on my 70th birthday... :oops:

/ You Know You Are Old When #909  

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-224410.png
    Screenshot_20240225-224410.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 44
   / You Know You Are Old When #910  
Not saying I'm old, just noticed that I renewed my driver's license online this weekend. New one arrived. It's good for 7 more years. It will expire on my 70th birthday... :oops:
Law in Nevada requires in-person driver's license renewal age 70+. Mandatory eye tests, and all renewals after age 70 are for only 4 years so they can check your vision and your general state of health each time. Went through that a couple years ago and sure hope I can pass all their tests in two more years!

Last edited: