Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #771  
Another added advantage of the grab handle is that you can put it in the up postion with the tailgate lowered when hauling sheets of plywood, drywall etc and it will keep them from sliding out of the bed if your bed is shorter than 8 foot when you need to leave the tailgate down..

Amen brother, I use the handle for retaining sheet goods and it is way more convenient than using the 4 corner mounted tie down points to tie sheet goods down. Given that 4x4 are a bit taller the step allows the ladies and height challenged men easy access (height challenged is 6 ft and below.) I have 3 4x4 pickups and the wife prefers the F-250 diesel 4x4 with the tailgate step.

I can manage to get into just about any pickup bed but... if doing so repetitively loading or unloading small stuff , especially at the front of the bed, the step is a blessing. The step has really effective non skid that offers way better traction than ball hitches, chrome bumpers, those hard black plastic things supposedly there to provide traction or whatever, especially in the presence of moisture like with dew or frost or...

One downside of the industries strongest tailgate (F250 in '08) is its weight. The tailgate is easy to raise and lower because it has torsion bar assist but it is a heavy sucker to remove and replace when you need maximum accessibility like for loading/unloading with a forklift and you can't get the reach you want with the gate in place and lowered. Luckily this is not an every day thing.

Patrick

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #772  
let me throw a Chevy in the mix trailer weighing in around 10 tons

Attachments

• IMG00032-20101021-1041.jpg
    IMG00032-20101021-1041.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 547
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #773  
Here's more of my truck, my new GC 2610 TLB on my 20' Titan Haul 14,000 lb. GVW. The black truck in the background is my spare. It's a lot less expensive than buying a new one. It is a 91 F250 8800# 460, E4OD 4X4 Lariat with 235,000 KM. A couple of scratches, but no dents or rust. Only needs door locks and air conditioning repaired. Trailer was bought to move here from the coast, 6 hours away. 10 cars, 3 trucks, 5 motorcycles, a fifth camper, and a boat made for a lot of trips which the combo handled well. The pic under the tilt shows the hydraulic snubber which I intend to convert to power up and down. I'm also thinking about an interchangeable dump box in place of the deck. Can't find any pics of the boat and trailer, might have to wait until spring when I take the tarps off.

Attachments

• TTT 001.jpg
    TTT 001.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 487
  • TTT 004.jpg
    TTT 004.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 380
  • TTT 005.jpg
    TTT 005.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 283
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #774  
Nice trucks not2old! Even the spare looks like a good one!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #775  
I had an interesting haul yesterday.

2.5 ton haul 007.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #779  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #780  
My latest addition. Picked it up used, is in pretty good shape but has no ramps. Just picked up some steel yesterday so this weekends project will be welding up some ramps.

Attachments

• IMG_7942.jpg
    IMG_7942.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_7941.jpg
    IMG_7941.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 278