John Deere 2305 Reviews

4.00 star(s)
crossy

2305 John Deere
JD-2305
Model Year: 2010

I have no real issues with this tractor, but like most owners I 'wish' I had a bigger one. Since the interest rate was 0% I should have spent $2K more for the higher lifter powers of a 2520. Although, I have amazed myself of what i have already accomplished with this tractor. I want it to be a Swiss army knife and little by little I am getting it there. The aftermarket HIGHLY supports this tractor and it's versatility and the 'convertible' nature of the attachments make it especially handy. Add a chain 'grip' hook on top of the front bucket. mine is set up strictly asa TLB and no mower deck, so I consider the aftermarket fan & filter guards a necessity. You can dis-able these tractors real quick without them in any sort of woods or rough terrain. It was $250 extra well spent. I got a 8" and 16" bucket only because they were out of 12" at the time. The 12" would have worked fine. I dug out a huge twin pine stump, but it takes patience and a little manual labor-as it just don't have the ripping power of the next size up. I also opted for the 53" front bucket for snow removal. Remember you need the front bucket wider than the 48" track if you want to be able to back up and the wider bucket is a cheap option upgrade! If I could sell it right now for nearly what I paid, I would only be able to buy a 2320. RS tires are great all around tires and my dealer experience was superb. Maybe it helped that I kind of know the Little's Of Downingtown, Pa. dealer's family/owners, but the salesman, Sean, communicated extremely well, which seems to be a lost courtesy these days. I have good pics of some of the brutal work I have put this through in just 25 hrs. of work and as I said I am amazed. I fretted over the details between brands and won for once.

Pros: Re-sell price. The same price as 'other' name brands. Dealer support. Digs at lower rpm's-that's a big deal if you're up against a house and need good bucket control! Kubota's won't do that.
Cons: Exposed trans filter & cooling fan require aftermarket guards. Everyone will love your "cute little tractor" & expect you to 'help' them for free.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Clint in KY

2305 John Deere
Only one real fault

Being my very first "real" tractor I have only found one thing I would like to have that I don't. On the larger 2000 series tractors the 3PT control lets you specify a height with the control, while the 2305 is UP, DOWN or STOP, making you watch the level of the arms. For digging operations it would be easier to be able to move the control to a pre-determined spot to get a pre-determined depth.

Pros: Plenty of power
Cons: see the comment above

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2305 John Deere
John Deere 2305
Model Year: 2008

I have used this little tractor for 3 years now and 75 very hard hours. It will pull a 4 ft. bush hog all day long over 3 ft brush and milk weed. It has a front end loader that has moved 15 -20 dump truck loads of sand, dirt and gravel. I have been amazed at the power this 4wd tractor has in low gear. I could write a book of the various things it has been asked to do. I also have modified mine to use a fork lift attachment I made and it will pick up 500 pound loads with no issue. I have added lights on the ROP since the loader blocks the headlights, other than that I cut back the PTO selector since it was too long. I added silicone rtv to the seat rubber springs to stiffen them and added a tool box which it needed. Great machine very useful and easy to operate.

Pros: Size, power, ease of operation.
Cons: PTO selector too long, lights blocked by loader, seat springs are too soft and seat bottoms on rear hitch control.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
buckshot721

2305 John Deere
John Deere 2305

Only have 16 hrs on the machine, so I only gave 4's for the highest rating. Got the FEL mmm and back hoe. Man that thing can dig, I had second thoughts about the hoe till I tried digging with it. That is one tough machine! I bought it mostly for mowing, this thing just sips fuel. My x485 downs it by the gallon. I'm really impressed with the amount of work it can do! I just wish I would have gotten the rear finish mower instead of the belly mower. Waiting to see how it handles the snow this year. I always bought JD's so I never considered buying anything else. Dealer also treated me right, kept my machine a few days extra to make sure everything was alright.

Pros: Does everything I ask it to do. Dealer service.
Cons: Needs a tilt wheel, extra hydro cylinder because of back hoe.

5.00 star(s)
2305implements

2305 John Deere
2305 is butt-kicking
Model Year: 2006

Have dug out large stumps no pick up truck could do. It's a great all round machine. Bush Hog brand 9" post hole digger fits and works fine. 47" snowblower, rotary cutter, 3 point wood splitter, roto tiller, carry-all, 5' rake, 54" mow deck, weight box, fork truck attach, bucket loader. 260 back hoe.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
farrgramm

2305 John Deere
Used like new
Model Year: 2008

Very low hours. Looks and runs like new. This thing came with 5 attachnents and it's own trailer.

Pros: Great value. Runs great.
Cons: Might out grow it.

5.00 star(s)
natman706

2305 John Deere
Nothing runs like a Deere
Model Year: 2009

This tractor has been great for doing my landscaping on my new yard. Nothing slows down this tractor down. The hydrostatic on this tractor couldn't be any easier. The John Deere dealer was excellent and very flexible with the financing. Don't let the small size fool you.

Pros: Power, build quality, and size.
Cons: Features.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
D33r3 6r33N

2305 John Deere
Like the wife says, "You can do just about anything with it"
Model Year: 2009

She says that all the time when I think of another use for this tractor. I put bagged wood pellets in the bucket and run them to house; move stuff, lift stuff. Purchased a Land Pride 50" reverse rotate tiller, which is another awesome piece of equipment. I have a middle buster too, which the 2305 does well with until it hits the ground about 5" deep and real hard and then the tractor loses traction. A lot of that has to do with I put a lot of compost in so there is nothing for the 2305 to gain any traction on. I also considered a Kubota, but they have the rocker pedal. I had a mower with that and I hated it. So that was the big turn off for me on the Kubota.

Pros: Tight turning radis; I haven't come across anything that it wouldn't move.
Cons: I don't have all the attachments I want yet. :)

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
magnum5149

2305 John Deere
I had problems of overheating with this tractor
Model Year: 2006

I had recurring problems with this tractor overheating on me while I was cutting grass with the 62c Mid Mount Mower. I had 63 hours on this tractor when I overheated the engine - so much, I think I cracked the head of the engine. I had to spend over $2000 dollars just to get the tractor back to functioning. I am disappointed in my few hours of operation I have gotten out of this tractor. Especially since I have so much money in this an the 200 CX loader also. I don't know if other owners have had grass blow up on the screen to the radiator while running an cutting the grass to make the Yanmar diesel engine. I thought I was purchasing a good solid piece of equipment, but now I know otherwise.

Pros: Resale value, ease of use.
Cons: Overheating of the engine.

5.00 star(s)
287IN10thMTN

2305 John Deere
JD 2305
Model Year: 2007

Bought the tractor used from Farmington Valley Equipment a few month ago. It came with front blade, 54c MMM and Ballast Box. I bought my father a x300 last year and loved the machine. It's comfortable, quite, quality and great cut. I had a 2009 Scag walk behind for my old house, but when I moved into the new house this summer, with 2.5 acres of grass and a 400 foot driveway, I wasn't too hot on the idea of walking that acreage. I was originally looking at a 2011 JD X540 with a snowblower, but stumbled upon this machine instead. It only had 69 hours on it. So to me it was an easy decision: you get a yanmar diesel engine, shaft driven mower deck (with the ability to cut in reverse without holding any levers), three point hitch, loader option, four wheel drive and a much beefier machine for virtually the same price. I haven't tested the machine more than cutting grass, but it is a pleasure to operate! Believe me, if all you want to do is cut grass, look at a commercial mower, but that's all their good for. I had the best cutting machine in the industry, SCAG had the upper hand, but not by much. You can do so much more with this machine, for the same price as a commercial zero turn mower. I sold the SCAG and snowblower and I can use the JD 2305 for everything. I'm looking forward to the winter. The only issue I have is the damn mower deck height control knob is horrible. There has to be a better set-up. My dad's x300 is simple and easy to use. This one doesn't even have the height adjustments on the knob, just hash marks. I have to get off the tractor to turn the knob to change heights because it's so difficult. Also, I can never tell if I am at the install level or travel setting. Countless times I have parked the machine in the garage in what I believe the travel height (mower deck lock position), to have the mower drop to the cement. Lastly, this machine is perfect for my needs and this is only my feeling, but if you need a machine that you will be doing landscaping (with back blade, york rake, tiller, etc), serious gardening or using a loader in uneven terrain, consider the 2320 for ground clearance purposes. I don't need a machine for those applications, but I have noticed and read that that 2305 has a much lower clearance (undercarriage) than the 2320. This is very apparent when you see the machines side by side. For the money, if you need the clearance, get the 2305, but if your like me, just using it to mow, snow plow and small gardening tasks (pulling a cart, plowing/wheel harrowing), the 2305 is perfect. Same size engine as the 2320 and easier to maneuver.

Pros: No levers for reverse when mowing, yanmar engine, & quality of build, quality of cut. This is a powerful machine for homeowner with acreage
Cons: Deck height control knob/system is horrible (my Dad's x300 is simple) and the height of undercarriage (including placement of trans filter) limits some applications.