John Deere 455 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Zkprostar

455 John Deere
Excellent
Model Year: 1998

This is the best tractor that I've owned.

Pros: Well built machine.
Cons: Expensive attachments.

4.00 star(s)
Mitch94

455 John Deere
JD 455 Lives Up to Expectations
Model Year: 2001

I purchases a used 455 after running two 318's (which I still have and use) since 1985. The 455 is everything I had expected it to be. The original 318 has mowed five---ten acres since it was new and still has the original Onan engine. The hour meter broke at 1260 hours, but would guess that it has over 2000 hours on it. The 455 has a 60 inch deck which cuts the mowing time down significantly. I can also mow on two gallons of diesel fuel what would have taken four gallons of gas with the 318. It can handle waist high grass just as well as the 318.

Pros: Diesel engine---60 inch deck.
Cons: No individual brakes/plastic hood,side covers, & grille.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

455 John Deere
great tractor
Model Year: 1993

Just a great tractor replaced a 318 never had any trouble since new

Pros: depenable
Cons: none

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

455 John Deere
This and that!

Bought a used 455 from and IL JD dealer. I had a JD 332 for 21 years. The 455 foot controls take some getting used to. I replaced the reverse petal assembly with a better designed on. I installed a strap bracket for the weird rear lights so they would be more secure. The 332 is a bullet proof tractor. I did purchase a 47" 2 stage snow blower which is better than the single stage I had on the 332. I replaced the front headlight bulbs with LED bulbs. the 455 has only two bulbs and the 332 had three bulbs so the need for light at night is really a must. The plastic side coves on the 455 is not like metal side covers on the 332. Yanmar is a great engine. I hope the 455 gives me the same level of service I got out of the 332.

Pros: bigger tractor than 332
Cons: foot controls, are weird, rear lights are cheap, plastic side covers

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

455 John Deere
Best Of The Best Runs Like A Deere

I bought this tractor used in 2013 and love it. It has AWS, 455 Diesel, and a 54-inch mower.I Love the way it maneuvers and the power and durability of this machine.I have owned many mowers including Cubs and many others but this is the Cadillac of them all. I will remain John Deere always.

Pros: Durable, powerful easy to operate, does a beautiful job mowing
Cons: I replaced both power steering lines, hard to get to

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

455 John Deere
This is a test
Model Year: 2020

Test review

Pros: big mower
Cons: small engine