John Deere 955 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
havetractor

955 John Deere
Oldie, but Goodie
Model Year: 1996

Because it was a 2nd tractor, with front end loader, I couldn't justify paying much, and paid $6,500. Low hours, but had seen hard work, and poor maintenance (grease fittings dry and pivot points worn). But it's been a Trojan. Greased it up, tended to all maintenance areas. Starts right up, super strong FEL. Ratings are based on it being a 25 years old machine, with features down rated, because newer tractors (including my Kubota B3200) have smoother, more operator friendly, features. Other reviewers feel 955 one of the best tractors Deere made. I don't know, but I'm happy with it.

Pros: Strong FEL.
Cons: No clutch for shifting into/out of 4 wheel drive, or hi-lo range.

5.00 star(s)
CaptDan71

955 John Deere
Absolutely The Best Overall Compact Tractor Ever
Model Year: 1998

Before I tell what I paid for my tractor, please understand that the guy that sold it to me didn't know the value or even want the tractor! It belonged to his father who recently passed away. He was selling everything cheap as heck. The Tractor had been sitting about a year. The tires would hold air but were dry rotted. So far, So good. The 72-inch belly mower needed some welding repair to one pulley mount. But overall it was in pretty good condition. The 70A loader works great, And the 5-foot box blade with root forks was new. I went there wanting to buy a log splitter. Instead, I (stole) bought the 955 tractor. So here is the price. I offered $1000, He wanted $1500, We settled on $1200. I paid in cash and have put over 100 hours in the last year on it. I've done things with this little tractor that I've never done with bigger tractors. I'll never sell and am going tomorrow to buy myself a 5-foot bush hog for it. I feel very blessed that I got such a great tractor for such a great price.

Pros: Does everything I've wanted to do
Cons: The loader doesn't lift as much as I want, not very fast