Kubota B3300SU Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Millwood

B3300SU Kubota
First Tractor
Model Year: 2012

With only 10 hrs on it, I can't give an objective opinion yet, but it's pulled a plow through unbroken ground, tilled over an acre 4 times, pulled a rock rake and loaded over 12 ton of rock in LA 504 loader and done it all flawlessly!

Pros: Compact enough to get in tight places, but plenty of HP to get 'er done.
Cons: None yet.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
CDN Farm Boy

B3300SU Kubota
Excellent Value

Looked at pretty much everything under the sun while trying to decide, new and used before purchasing the 3300. My wife wanted a backhoe, who am I to complain. We bought a package deal with the B3300SU, BH77 with thumb, 64" Kubota rear blower and 60" Farm King RFM, QA bucket on the 504 loader. The tractor has been great so far. Have been using it for landscaping, tree planting, mowing, grading lane and soon snow. Power and weight seem to be a good balance but I wish the loader was heavier and more on par with some of the others in the class. Not having the mid pto (that I would never have used) is a bonus for me as for the same $$ I was able to move up a frame size and a few Hp compared to the 2920. The Kubota backhoe is one of the nicest as it tucks in close enough to use one seat on a swivel rather than 2 seats. Feels like it was designed to be there rather than an after-thought. Perfectly balanced for size with the tractor. I'm a longtime JD fan but their pricing was out to lunch on comparable machines. Landini and MF dealers are closest to me but the changing manufactures & parent companies didn't sit well with my wife. With parts still available for every model made, I'm not concerned with being able to look after this machine for decades to come. I've been dealing with the same dealer for 25 yrs in once capacity or another so that helps make up for the fact that they are the furthest from me, 45 min one way vs 20 or less to any other brand.

Pros: Value for dollar, parts availability, backhoe fit.
Cons: Weak loader.

5.00 star(s)
Beatline

B3300SU Kubota
New Guy
Model Year: 2011

Great little tractor. Great financing; beat the green guys hands down. Great dealer.

Pros: Durability.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
RoninMaine

B3300SU Kubota
Great Machine

Great little machine, powerful fast hydros, user friendly. Dealer at Union Farm was great. Tossed in chains, and Rimgaurd. Can't really say anything bad other then it does smoke a little more then it should on cold start but these do have a known pump timing issue. Mine will be going back for that.

Pros: Powerful for size, fast hydro.
Cons: Should have bought it a lot sooner.

5.00 star(s)
jeff9366

B3300SU Kubota
Compact + Maneuverable In The Woods + Ample Power
Model Year: 2011

B3300SU was my first tractor purchase, although prior I had 200 hours on a smaller John Deere 750 without FEL. Kubota dealer, Suwannee River Kubota, was very helpful, but not pushy, in decision process. I liked idea of package when making my first tractor/loader purchase. They recommended R-4 Industrial Tires and I have been glad I have them as I do quite a bit of work around a large burn pile with all the junk usual to burn piles---zero flats. Sometimes I wish the FEL was a little heavier and more powerful for tree/stump/root work in the woods. But to get a more powerful FEL I would need to get a heavier frame 'L' model and would lose the excellent maneuverability I prize. Only sometimes. I optioned for the quick-attach bucket. I wish I had not. Contrary to pre-purchase expectation, I have never wanted to remove the bucket in my first year. The lynch pins on the QA bucket can be flipped off in thick brush. I had this experience, leading to a pivot pin working out and bending some of the FEL frame. Fortunately, $1200 repair covered by Kubota insurance so cost me $250 deductible. Now have bolts/lock washers/nuts replacing lynch pins so the bucket is no longer quick attach! I took off one star for reliability. I have had some aggravation over treadle and PTO cutoff switches. The treadle switch gives owners fits on several models. Working in thick brush, as I do, the treadle pivot mechanism can collect twigs which "open" the switch. Also it is important to grease the treadle pivot zerk regularly. Pivot collects dust/friction which fresh grease forces out. The PTO cutoff switch interacts with the treadle switch somehow. I have used velcro tape to permanently close the PTO cutoff switch under the seat. If either switch is "open" tractor will not crank. I use a 630 pound rollover box blade regularly. Good match to the tractor going forward, both using rippers and pulling dirt. In reverse, pushing dirt, I had some concern about bending lift arms, which, after all, are designed to pull not push. Replaced Kubota 4-pound check chains (actually turnbuckles) with 14-pound aftermarket rigid sterilizers from STABILWORKS which reinforce the lift arms considerably and now push dirt with ROBB with confidence. Also easier to mount/dismount implements on 3-Pt. I am very happy with my B3300SU package. Every once in awhile I lust for a Grand L but that subsides. The B3300SU has never failed to do the jobs asked. I would buy this model again if I could replay my decision.

Pros: Compact, maneuverable, ample power, fuel efficient.
Cons: HST treadle switch + PTO switch need TLC or no start.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
tomoconnor

B3300SU Kubota
Newly Bought Tractor
Model Year: 2010

I have been looking for a used machine in Ct. Very little available. I finally bought one in Indiana. First time I did this on the web. It went well, only hitch was finding party to deliver it. The company owner stepped in and got someone to do it ASAP it was at my home the next day. What a great machine...like new and works great.

Pros: Just what I wanted size-wise.
Cons: None yet.

5.00 star(s)
Gundawg

B3300SU Kubota
Great Tractor
Model Year: 2013

I bought this tractor with a loader and B77 backhoe and it is handier than an extra arm. I have 60 hours on it already I have dug out multiple stumps and dug several hundred feet of trench for projects around my small farm. I also bought a 4' brush bull and it works good. I picked up a 5' scraper but have not used it yet. I am happy I did not get a smaller model.

Pros: Great reliability and quality.
Cons: Cost it was a large investment.

5.00 star(s)
RedSanders

B3300SU Kubota
Tractor Newbie

No experience with other tractors, and have only put 20 hours on our new Kubota. However, we have worked it hard pulling a 72" grooming mower on our 8.5 acres (grass grows quickly here in south Louisiana). Also, starting a new 1/2 acre garden from scratch using a KingKutterII tiller and FEL to level and till the new area. Couldn't be more pleased. As an aside, dealer very helpful and accommodating.

Pros: Ease of use, features.
Cons: None so far.

5.00 star(s)
RedSanders

B3300SU Kubota
My First Tractor

Okay, so I'm not a seasoned tractor veteran with many hours of butt time. However, I can reflect on our experience using this tractor for mowing our 8.5 acres, and for preparing a 1/4 acre garden. We are pulling a LandPride FDR1772 grooming mower. My son-in-law is a fanatic about having a well groomed lawn. This tractor easily runs this mower. We also run a 52" zero-turn mower, and are very pleased with the turn radius of this tractor. Also starting a new garden area using the Kubota LA505 front loader and a KingKuter II 60" tiller. Soil doesn't offer the greatest challenge since it is sandy loam. Nevertheless,I have cut down a knoll that is in the garden area with the tiller and moved the dirt to other areas with the front loader - and am very satisfied. Planning on pulling a 60" garden bedder once garden area is ready.

Pros: Power, ease of use.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
kooljets

B3300SU Kubota
Mighty Fine Tractor

Had a smaller JD before but wanted a tractor with backhoe and 3 point hitch and a FEL. Very pleased so far. A smooth running machine.

Pros: Everything seems to be well thought out, except for 1 thing.
Cons: Switching from backhoe to 3 pt. hitch is not good.