Kubota BX24 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Woodsmoker

BX24 Kubota
It's the little things...
Model Year: 2005

I'm generally very pleased with my Kubota, but when everything is going very well with the hard parts you notice little annoying things that you would not see if there were big problems. I think the tires that come with the tractor are the worst pieces of s*** I've ever seen. I was washing the tractor (yeah, I know) and cut my hand open on the steel belt in the tire side wall which had split open and exposed the wire. Next item: The fit on the body panels don't have the quality of a Yugo. Nothing matches up and the dealer told me "they're all like that" as if that would make it all better. I'm unhappy with the "fix as required" stance the factory took with regard to the bad floor pans. Granted, they fixed it. If it wasn't for TBN, I would have never known to complain. Thanks, Guys!! But the most important thing is this: Knowing what I know now, I would still buy a Kubota, as I know guys with other brands that have had a LOT worse experiences than mine. I think it's a great value for the money. Here is an interesting piece of info regarding tires: If you buy a tire through the parts counter, it will cost a small fortune, but if you go to a tractor salesman you can buy a whole set including wheels for about $350!! Yeah, I now have 2 sets of wheels - 1 ag set and 1 turf set.

Pros: See above.
Cons: See above.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX24 Kubota
Learned A Lot In 3+ Years
Model Year: 2007

A buddy bought one for his hobby farm, so I took a look at one to use for my small landscaping jobs in town. I had no prior experience with tractors of any shape or size, and figured smaller would meet my needs. Hydraulic pump seals had to be replaced along with the hour meter due to leaking in both instances. Oil out of the pump and water into the meter. Warranty repairs...no further issues. Bottom line, I love the machine, but I wish it was a little more powerful. I'm actually considering selling it and buying a B3030 with cab, back hoe and FEL.

Pros: Size and ability to get into places.
Cons: Size and power.

5.00 star(s)
ad4pl

BX24 Kubota
great for my use
Model Year: 2008

Great small tractor. It will do all that i ll use it for very well and is reliable.

Pros: Easy on fuel.
Cons: The plastic fender - which kubota replaced.

4.00 star(s)
CoveredWagon

BX24 Kubota
Excellent Workhorse

I purchased this BX24 new in 2007 as a workhorse around my property and working on water lines for a community well. I am impressed with the tractor in general, but the plastic hood, etc have been a problem. The tractor is small enough to trailer using a 14' tandem trailer with a F150 4.6L 2wd. The backhoe is great for most applications, but it does have it's limitations. I purchased the RCK54 mower deck, and I love it. I may buy a brush-hog or finish mower when I have the cash. I also have a 60" box blade, Landscape Rake, and post hole auger. The 3 pt hitch does not have a power down, so the auger does not dig very well, nor does the box blade dig deep without adding weights. Fuel filters are very small and clog easily if in dusty conditions. The under-body filter is easily replaced, but the engine mounted filter is in a tight space. The front tires would not hold air due to the valve stem size. After replacing the stems, I have no more problems. I have recently had trouble with the transmission (began at about 450 hrs). It is an intermittent problem and the dealer could not duplicate it the first time (cost $70. for nothing!) I called today and he will check it again at no charge.

Pros: Small size, available options, made as a backhoe.
Cons: Too much plastic.

4.00 star(s)
chrisott

BX24 Kubota
BX 24 Review (Requested by Moderator)
Model Year: 2006

Design Flaws fixed by dealer: the deck cracked during the first winter by just stepping on it. This was replaced at no charge. The replacement was a sturdier deck. Design Flaws not fixed by the dealer: the HST fan blades snapped off from 1/4 inch stick. The $9 part would have been over $400 dollars to replace at the dealer. The BX24 was used to dig trenches for drainage pipes around the house and pool area. It is used with the Kubota plow in the Winter to clear a 600 ft sloped driveway. It is used to drag logs and rounds out of the woods and subsequently bring split wood closer to the house (done with a carryall and FEL). Currently the back hoe is being used to dig up the old gravel driveway and use the filler on another spot on the property. This is my first tractor and the BX24 serves all of my homeowner and property maintenance needs. I suspect any other CUT would have worked as well. I don't cut grass with it and don't plan to. I may get a small brush cutter, though.

Pros: Much handier than a spade and wheelbarrow.
Cons: HST fan vulnerability.

5.00 star(s)
bracey32

BX24 Kubota
2007 Kubota BX24
Model Year: 2008

For the price, better repair & maintenance literature should be supplied; also discounted package deals for attachments when purchased new. Bucket small for heavy snowfall of northern BC winters; steel hood & deck, and exhaust stack would be nice; throttle return and hydrostatic drive pedal springs are too abrupt & throttle does not hold rpm's well. Overall, it runs great, nimble even with backhoe reaches tight areas; great for small property, high resale value.

Pros: Runs awesome, high value, nimble & versatile.
Cons: More weight, and a bit wider & higher would be nice.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
comcrip

BX24 Kubota
My Kubota BX 24
Model Year: 2009

Just over a week with it not and nothing comes close to stopping it. Picked up a used mower deck off a BX22 for 400 a little modification and mows like a dream. Don't hesitate too buy one. Great machine.

Pros: Power, attachments, quiet, smooth operation.
Cons: None so far.

2.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX24 Kubota
A Piece of Junk
Model Year: 2006

I run a cemetery. In 2006, we bought a Kubota BX24 brand new. Within a month, we lost the transmission. It took another month to get the parts from Japan. Also, you have to have the throttle almost full blast to run the backhoe and front bucket. When I asked the dealer about it, he said its a safety feature. Funny, none of the others I've seen does that. I got stuck with this machine because my boss bought it without trying it out first because the foreman had a Kubota and liked it. It's too small and has no power in the front bucket at all the dealings I've had with the dealer has been comical to say the least. I had a recall on it. They were supposed to send someone to fix it that - was about 4 years ago. I'm still waiting. Even my boss, after he saw it and the problems we had with it, hated the machine. In my opinion, stay away from Kubota.

Pros: It has 4 wheel drive.
Cons: Everything else.

5.00 star(s)
smur9hy

BX24 Kubota
Kubota BX24
Model Year: 2009

New tractor owner. Definitely need ROPS as is much less stable than I would have thought (inexperience?). Accomplished clearing 3/4 acre, carrying 8' pine logs with loader and digging out stumps with the backhoe. Found I could have used more hydraulic power and more weight for getting out the hardwood stumps. I use a back-end snowblower for my long driveway (great job). Purchased chipper and grader attachments from DR and they do good jobs. At time of tractor purchase also get a lawnmower attachment which has never been used since I always have the loader & backhoe attached.

Pros: Probably the right size/power loader/backhoe combo for my needs.
Cons: Could have used a little more hydraulic power tractor weight.

5.00 star(s)
palmergolf

BX24 Kubota
New to Tractors

Great little machine is perfect for my small 1+ acre. Had to change the seat, chop the loader control in half, repair cracked fenders (a little pvc & cement) and cut the brake pedal arm so it is next to forward pedal and not so high. It now fits me perfectly. Have 54 hours of fun on it already. It came with a wood chipper and tiller that had few hours on them. No regrets.

Pros: Small size makes it extremely maneuverable.
Cons: Plastic fenders---not cool.