Kubota BX25 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX25 Kubota
Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 2008

I bought this for use at the cottage and I have used it a lot! Great FEL for digging and spreading gravel. I dug out my garage, dug trenches for power lines, and moved snow. I also got a BXpanded bucket expander, which works great. It stars great, even in subzero weather, without even plugging it in. The BH works great, but you have to have finesse, and I wish it would swivel more than a lousy 140 degrees. I also wish they made a bigger optional BH bucket, because it's power would allow you to move a lot more dirt than the stock 12" bucket does. The biggest complaint I have is that the seat is a big pita to swivel around for BH use, which makes me less inclined to use the BH for short periods of time. A big surprise is the FEL power to lift even heavy rocks, even with the bucket expander on (which I bought from BXpanded.com because it DOUBLES the heaped capacity). I will look much more forward to moving snow this winter with the new expanded bucket, because the stock FEL bucket size made things slower and more tedious. Also, the tractor has surprisingly good snow traction with the Industrial tires, and the folding ROPS is very convenient as well. All around, it is really a tough little tractor for it's size, and I view it more as a small TLB rather than a glorified garden tractor (I do not have a mower for it). Also, my dealer is Kubota North in Bracebridge Ontario (Canada) and John (the owner) has treated me very well. I'm probably going to buy the new rear mount Kubota B2789 snowblower from him, as it is a KILLER piece of equipment!

Pros: Compact, powerful, & attractive; Fun and easy to use; Winter performance.
Cons: Swivel seat! Front tires constantly leak, BH does not swivel enough and has no large bucket option.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
IronmanWeldingLLC

BX25 Kubota
Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 2010

I think Kubota has got it right, the cost is fair, you have so many options of what you want to do with it, fuel economy, power, longevity. If your thinking of buying a tractor start and end with a Kubota!

Pros: More power than I thought a small tractor could produce in general.
Cons: A little too loud at normal operating RMP.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
macgyver011

BX25 Kubota
Impressed

Unbelievable. I worried that I would want more when I bought this tractor. After all, it looked like a toy when I saw it, but it's a big tractor in little clothing. It's done everything I've asked of it without complaint and that includes plowing, disking, cultivating and PTO driven tilling. I've also moved a mountain!! 30 yards of mulch into my garden with the loader and removed 34 stumps with the backhoe. True, it's not a full size backhoe, but it's yanked 4 foot diameter stumps without issue--just a few more minutes of patience required. All of this in a package that I can run around the yard without tearing up my finished lawn.

Pros: Great tool.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
RoadHogg

BX25 Kubota
Kubota BX25TLB
Model Year: 0

Only 20 hours in so I can't say much wrong about this little gem. I've dug holes, leveled ground, spread gravel, tilled garden, and carried almost everything in the yard and the little guy just never gives up. I have no regrets spending the money for this tractor and it does do a ton of work for it's size, there are limitations though, as with any machine. Here's what I think is a bit off about the design: - You have to remove the grille guard (four big allen head bolts) in order to fully access the engine compartment. This isn't a huge issue as the hood gives decent access to everything you need on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. For anything more involved though, some tools and dis-assembly is required. - Battery location makes it almost impossible to jump start or use it for jump starting. I have a ton of engines on my property and it's almost impossible to keep everything with a perfectly good and charged battery. Jump-starting is a way of life. I can't use the BX25 for starting other things as the battery is far too difficult to access. - Brake pedal is high. It's good that with the HST I don't need to use the brakes much but when I need to, it's not that easy to get my foot up high enough to get onto that high brake pedal. The pedal certainly is not in a position that would make it easy to use in an emergency. Also, if you need to move close to something and hold the tractor with the HST then get on the brake to lock the tractor in place, it's almost impossible as the HST pedal and brake pedal are both on the same side. It's impossible to get on the brake before releasing the HST. - The 3 point hitch lever is really low on the right side. If I'm box blading or snow blowing, it's really hard to look back and operate the 3 point hitch lever at the same time. The lever should be placed in such a way that I can operate it while looking backward, especially since there is no depth control setting and I have to eyeball the implement depth each time I lower it. - I sure wish there was a factory built in mount for work lights on the ROPS. I know they are available at a substantial cost but, it would be so simple to just weld on a mount even if you didn't put the optional light on it. As it stands, I have to make up some kind of bracket that will hold my work lights without drilling or welding the ROPS. You need work lights with a FEL, as the headlights are blocked by the bucket too much of the time. - Instrumentation: I really don't like the LCD tach. and I wish it had a real hour meter, at least a meter I can see while the tractor is running. I think Kubota really cheapened out on this one, they integrated the tach. and hour meter into a very small LCD display forward of the steering column. It's really hard to see. Any experienced equipment operator knows the tach. is about the most important instrument on the machine. - Tool box: This is not an issue unique to Kubota. Almost every tractor I've owned is deficient in that they almost never have any place on the tractor where you can carry a screwdriver or even a tire pressure gauge. Why can't manufacturers build in some sort of tool box?

Pros: Starts and runs great, enough power to do just about anything I ask of it. Most of the controls are convenient and fairly easy to use. A good selection of implements available especially with the 3 point hitch.
Cons: Brake pedal location, 3 point hitch control location, no work light mounts included, inadequate tach display, terrible hour meter display, and no tool box.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
dranders

BX25 Kubota
Bx25

I have been happy with the quality and ease of use of implements. I'm look forward to using snow blade this winter. I got the "dollies" from Bxpanded, which makes storage much easier.

Pros: Quality and versatility.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
live2dig

BX25 Kubota
Great Machine

Well built machine for all around property chores. The loader/backhoe do great, as well as the belly mower I purchased.

Pros: Very strong machine for its size & good fuel economy.
Cons: Can sometimes be a little "tippy" on uneven terrain.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Kagemusa

BX25 Kubota
Great little toy for men!

Just want to say that I am very impressed by the quality and the flexibility of this little tractor. One of my friends had to install a water line for his horses so he called me, over 300' @ 4' deep (Canadian winters are very cold!) and we did it in 1.5 days. Around the house, it is even better since I can access the backyard and go around the pool without damaging anything. The experience with the dealer (Aubin & St-Pierre Inc near St-Hyacinthe, Quebec) was pleasant and reassuring especially when you purchase this type of equipment for the first time.

Pros: FEL, 3PT and backhoe are great and versatile.
Cons: I had to tightened the bolt under the alternator, but it took only 5 minutes.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
BX25HD

BX25 Kubota
The little tractor that could

After our small house near town burned down, my wife, kids, and I were ready to get some acreage and build a new house. We found 56 areas near Jackson, OH that was just right for use. There is about 14 acres that is cleared off area and the rest is hardwoods with some trails throughout. We found a builder to build the house, and I said that I would run all of the utilities and take care of the driveway. So now I have a need for some equipment. My wife and I decided that it would be best to buy a tractor. So I made a list of all that I needed this tractor to do: Move gravel Grade Bush hog Pull cut down trees Dig trenches Mow grass around the house Plow snow Clean ditches Dig up tree stumps Lift heavy objects in and out of my pickup bed Needed to fit in my 24’ x 8.5’ enclosed trailer I did a lot of looking around for the tractor that would do all of that. The BX25 seemed to be the most capable and versatile. I went to Ricer Equipment in Jackson, OH. The sales woman there was very knowledgeable and helped me out a lot. At that time Kubota was having 0% APR for 60 months on the BX25. This was the tractor for me. I first bought the BX25 with the 3 point hitch kit and bought a 5’ bush hog from Tractor Supply Company (I know, that’s too big of a bush hog for the BX25). I first needed to use the bush hog to cut down grass that looked like it had not been mowed all of last summer. I was very impressed with how easy the backhoe was to remove. The 3 point hitch kit was a little difficult at first, but now it is no problem. The bush hug did great, and it made short work of the 2 acres that I needed to clear off for the build sit for our new house. Next, I had to dig test holes for our septic system. It took me a little bit to get use to the controls of the backhoe. The last backhoe that I had used operated backwards of the BX25. The first hole took a little longer than it should have, but the second hole was no problem. The FEL made quick work of backfilling those holes. Next was the 200+ tons of #57 gravel for my ¼ mile driveway (I wish I would have started with #4). The dump truck operators did a great job of tailgating, so I really did not have to do much work with the gravel at first. I used the FEL to back scrape to make some of the curves wider. That worked great. After ruts started being formed, I got a box blade to help level those out. Being that the box blade was only 4’ wide, I had trouble using this (keep in mind this is my first time ever using a tractor). I final bought a rear blade (5’) to knock down the center, and then used the box blade on each tire path. That worked great. I was very impressed that even going up the steep part of my driveway, the BX25 never bogged down. I also used this tractor to clear an 800’ by 40’ path through the woods for the electric line. This tractor did great at moving brush and trees that I had cut down. I had to cut down 38 trees that where about 60’ tall. I used the FEL to pick up the truck so that I could put my chain around it, and then connected the chain to the back of the tractor. In low gear going up an incline, I had no problem. After that was finished I trenched 120’ for my underground service. That took me about 6 hours, I think. Then I trenched 1800’ for my water line. That took a few days. The only problem that I had with the backhoe was just taking too big of a bite. After I got use to how much it could handle, I worked a lot more efficiently. The only complaint about the backhoe that I have is that if I needed to push myself backwards going up a little incline, the backhoe was not strong enough to do that. So that meant that I had to get up and turn around the seat and move the tractor. This caused me to lose a lot of time. Before I had said that I bought too big of a bush hog. Well I found out why. I have one really beautiful field that needed to be bush hogged. It has a pretty good slope on part of it, so that means that I had to cut it by going up and down. Going down hill was no problem, coming back up was a different story. With how thick the grass was, and the weight of the bush hog and the angle of the hill, the engine would almost die in high gear. So I had to go up hill in low gear, this took a lot of time. Now that I keep up with the mowing of that field, my MMM (60”) does a great job in high gear. With as much property that I have to upkeep and the fact that most of my fields are on a slope, I have though about getting a larger (wider) tractor to keep up with the mowing, but I could never imagine selling this great tractor. I have done so much with this thing it is unreal. I am doing some research now on getting some wheel spacers to help me with the slopes. Overall, this is an awesome tractor that can do a lot more than what you would think it could.

Pros: Very versatile with many attachments.
Cons: It could use more power in the backhoe.

5.00 star(s)
chanse

BX25 Kubota
BX25&BH, FL 3pth

I am well pleased with bx25 have 10 acres partly wooded. The bh works great for transplanting shrubs etc: I traded ajd 970 in on bx25, so I had a lot of 3pth equipment left. Most of it was too big for use with the bx, so I got a Ford Jubliee, I'm restoring it to use with 3pth equipment (lot of work).

Pros: fe works wonders. I always wanted a BH. I'm well satisfied.
Cons: 3pth is a pain to install.

5.00 star(s)
mcanik

BX25 Kubota
Great Unit.
Model Year: 2011

This little tractor sure packs a punch. It exceeded my expectations by far! Definitely worth the price.

Pros: Powerful for its size.
Cons: Quick attachment not so quick.

Photo Uploads: