Great little tractor.

Pros: Nimble, string.
Cons: None so far.

2.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
MG2400
Model Year: 2012

Won't start in cold weather, even with block heater, may or may not start, gas gauge stuck on full so never know how much gas you have and only 7 hours on it. Beware not very dependable.

Pros: Blows snow well if can get it started.
Cons: Reliability...not good.

5.00 star(s)
Don87

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
Update to Previous Review
Model Year: 2010

Tachometer problem is directly related to the holes in the hood drawing freezing air over the tachometer assembly/thus super-freezing it and causing issues(that's why the new GC series does not have the holes). Hydraulic shudder is related to the fuel filter clogging up, which will also cause the engine to speed up a little more than usual (apparently because of the design of the 'banjo fitting').

Pros: Very good machine.
Cons: No position control on 3pt. hitch.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
GC 2400
Model Year: 2009

I have had no issues with this tractor from new!

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
BigRedTractor

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
Tough Little Tractor

I thought long and hard about the ratings I gave this tractor. Pound for pound, it is the toughest tractor I have ever used. I use it to mow my lawn and I have a bushhog to mow my back lot. I also have a FEL. This tractor handles all these implements with ease. I considered giving it all 5s because I couldn't find any faults with it. However, I do wish there were a few changes. A collapsible ROPS would be nice. I would also like a better location for the rear flashers. They are located outside of the ROPS and are subject to getting hit by the trees I work around.

Pros: Power. Agility. Economy.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
lobsterman1

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
Yard Maintenance Jewel

For it's size and price, it's hard to beat. I use it for driveway maintenance summer and winter with FEL and 60"rear blade. Brush cutting some old pasture with a 48" woods brush bull. I did lots of landscaping and land clearing pulling out small trees and alders. I no longer need to use my shovel or wheelbarrow :).It's the perfect size for the yard and won't hurt the grass with turfs.

Pros: Power to size and price, stability and winter starting.
Cons: Low ground clearance and exposed steering boots.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
SGM97B

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
Great Little Tractor

I bought a MF GC2400 package that consisted of the tractor, FEL, mid-mount mower, and snow plow to maintain my property. The first job was to tear down and remove two old storage sheds and then level the site for a new steel building. Next was digging out a completely silted in stream bed, one bucket wide and two hundred meters long. Next, I built up the banks of the stream to reduce/prevent flooding. Then started cutting three and a half acres of tall grass. Lastly, used the FEL and plow to regrade a washed out driveway (100 meters long). That was all in a two week period. Since then I have used it to cut grass, plow snow, pull out old hedges and small trees, drag a couple old cars out of the yard, and unload a fireplace insert from the delivery trucks (UPS). Lots of small chores that I just couldn't do without it.

Pros: Ease of use, agility, and low fuel use.
Cons: Too much plastic, turn signal/brake lights that extend out too far.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson GC2400

Recently purchased with 43 hrs on it. Now sitting at 48 hrs. Growing up on a grain / cattle farm and moving to town and working in the oil patch left me desiring something like this for close to 30 years. O.K. - Back to the tractor. So far I'm impressed with it. Did a lot of front end loader work and tilling with it on a residential lot, landscaping for proper drainage. The hydraulics are very strong. It also significantly exceeded my expectations in torque and weight combinations in being able to unearth topsoil and virgin clay, at just off an idle. And did I say smooth and quiet! I'd used Bobcats before and it tight quarters, they destroy the landscape as much as you are trying to create, not to mention the noise. The tiller I believe is a little light for my liking. It is a Muratori MZ-2X 125. Did the job I needed to do, but seems a little flimsy for breaking up what I was working on. Probably does well in established gardens. The 60" belly mower, I haven't tried to cut grass yet, but it appears to be a fairly hefty built unit. Will be able to submit a more valuable report card in the late spring, but for now, all I can say is AWESOME! 50hr service coming right up...in my garage, thanks to all the great advice and experiences shared on this forum.

Pros: All the features I need for the basics and them some.
Cons: Perhaps a bit much for a tractor this size by a foot throttle and a self leveling FEL would be awesome too!

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
South NH

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
GC2400

I find this the GC line to be very well thought out from an engineering point. Everything is easy to get to, locations are great, and comfort is superb. This machine can pull, push, lift and anything else you'll need for the average landowner. It's built heavy, compared to some of the others, and the pedals are easy to use (not a rocker pedal).

Pros: Excellent all-around tractor. 4WD, strong, and comfortable to get in and out of.
Cons: Rear lights could use more protection.

4.00 star(s)
Don Soucy

GC2400 Massey Ferguson
2009 Massey

- 2009 Massey Ferguson - DL 100 Loader - 2325 60" Mower - 1351 Tiller

Pros: Full Curtis cab with heater.
Cons: Will let you know.