Kubota L3240 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
gusanorojo

L3240 Kubota
Great Buy!
Model Year: 2010

I am very happy with the L3240. I was interested in the L3400 but when I compared the 2, I thought the L3240 seemed the better value for what I needed. I don't farm but I manage my 20 forested acres with it.

Pros: Comfortable, powerful and manageable.
Cons: None so far.

5.00 star(s)
kub0

L3240 Kubota
Kubota L3240 HSTC-3
Model Year: 2013

Great tractor. Stall guard works very well for mowing. Only problem is too wide for my 5' snowblower left over from previous tractor. I can live with that. LA524 FEL Land Pride FDR1672 Mower Buhler 600 Snow Blower Liberty WC-8 Wood Chipper Home made sprayer

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Kuntry Joe WNC

L3240 Kubota
Grand L3240
Model Year: 2012

I love it!

Pros: HD 724 loader is a beast.
Cons: Low range should be lower for the mountains where I live.

5.00 star(s)
Dougdickey80

L3240 Kubota
Kubota Grand L3240
Model Year: 2011

This is a great tractor and a joy to operate! The controls are very ergonomic with good visibility around the equipment. The 3 point hitch is easier to hook up with the quick adjustable ends. I also use a quick hitch which definitely speeds up changing implements, especially when you are alone. It does help though to make sure that all of your implements are ASAE Quick Hitch compatible, otherwise you will have to modify your attachments. While this tractor is plenty strong enough for my needs it would have been nice if the PTO had A little more horse power to handle a bigger finishing mower.

Pros: Definitely a Cadillac tractor, easy to operate for less experianced operators.
Cons: Could use standard wheel weights and water ballast for front loader work.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
jd5502

L3240 Kubota
Great Little Tractor

I've been using this tractor for moving dirt and reworking some contours for drainage. It's also been getting shredding done around the place. I had a problem with the hydraulic system at about 150 hours. Other than that, she hasn't missed a lick. The seat is comfortable, the controls are easy to work with and intuitive. It could use a bit more room in the cab though. It does not even have a place to mount a fire extinguisher.

Pros: Powerful for it's size. Comfortable.
Cons: A small cab.

5.00 star(s)
Kuntry Joe WNC

L3240 Kubota
Grand L3240

Great tractor. Low range should be LOWER.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Low range could be lower geared.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Steelhog

L3240 Kubota
Liked It So Much I Bought a 2nd

So far this has been a perfect match for both our home needs and for the needs of the school I work for. At work we had three older Ford/New Hollands that each did one thing well but were getting older and we just didn't need that much rolling stock. At home I had a 1970's vintage 3600 Ford which was fine for mowing but lacked 4 wheel drive so was not a good platform for a loader. We also had a Kubota M5700 inherited from my wife's uncle which was too big to easily trailer and without 4 wheel drive it was lousy with the factory loader. Traded them both in for a new 3240HST and have been in heaven ever since. About the same size as the 3600 and just as maneuverable plus easy to haul to our other property. Based on that experience (and that my department head saw what I had) we again traded in the old Fords for one 3240 HST. I spec'd the higher capacity 724 loader for both with skid steer quick attach. I got a pallet for attachment for the school machine and we now wonder how we every managed without it. I'd recommend the bigger loader for everyone as it has better breakout force and more lift height. Absolutely no issues with either machine. Other than the 50 hours service there have been no $$ spent.

Pros: The HST, cruise, loader capacity, size and agility.
Cons: None so far.

5.00 star(s)
Kuntry Joe WNC

L3240 Kubota
Kubota L3240 HST

Great tractor.

Pros: Quick attach loader bucket is great.
Cons: Low range should be lower.

Photo Uploads:

1.00 star(s)
Five Fords

L3240 Kubota
Rusting
Model Year: 2006

tractor was rusting under the paint when I bought tractor. Dealer talked me into taking delivery and they would make good it never happened and now I have a rusted out body with 500 hours

Pros: runs and works find
Cons: body rusting out

5.00 star(s)
Robert Owens

L3240 Kubota
Kubota 3240
Model Year: 2009

I sold my larger New Holland tractor that was two-wheel drive and bought this tractor with four-wheel drive after buying some more property that was quite steep. The Kubota has performed very well at any job I needed to do. Now that I own a sawmill, I may need a larger tractor or a back hoe in order to move some large logs, but the 3240 is an excellent small tractor for my farming needs. I have a few cows, buffalo, and pigs and use it for working in the hay fields. I have not had any mechanical problems and keep the service updated on it.

Pros: Excellent small tractor
Cons: I need more lifting capability now due to sawmill purchase