mower deck dolly

/ mower deck dolly
Here's the ones my brother bought for his 7 iron deck. I might do the same for an old 455 deck that I need to store for the winter.
This is the best idea yet because the wheels swivel so you could steer it. Yeh, cool, I like!

/ mower deck dolly #32  
The ball bearings and cups must be pretty stout to handle the weight, swivel would be nice.

/ mower deck dolly
The ball bearings and cups must be pretty stout to handle the weight, swivel would be nice.

Yeh, gotta make sure they're rated for the weight. I would do lockable ones like this. How much that 60" deck weigh, anyways?

/ mower deck dolly #34  
Here's the ones my brother bought for his 7 iron deck. I might do the same for an old 455 deck that I need to store for the winter.

Those look like the brand I have except mine are on 455 too. It's a 60" deck. What size is your 455 deck?

/ mower deck dolly #35  
All done, it rolls easy and slides nice to tuck it up to a wall or whatever with those tires. Would of been ok with 9 inch long axles rather then 12 inch, it balances real nice no mater where it is on the axels that’s why I never drilled the axel and put the pins in on each side of those big washers.
C788DBC8-8051-4E97-A6F2-D36F4DFBE8C8.jpg
D0C83AB8-1D68-484A-9D2E-9E84218CC707.jpg
1A162ED6-F6AE-4DE0-8368-B91AC00BC4DB.jpg

And on to next project.

Last edited:
   / mower deck dolly
Cool, looks good.

/ mower deck dolly #37  
Yeh, gotta make sure they're rated for the weight. I would do lockable ones like this. How much that 60" deck weigh, anyways?

It doesn't show up in the picture very well but they are lockable. See the wheel in the upper right it shows part of the brake.

Attachments

• iamge.JPG
    iamge.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 98
   / mower deck dolly #38  
Those look like the brand I have except mine are on 455 too. It's a 60" deck. What size is your 455 deck?

Sorry that I missed your question. I have a 60 inch deck too. I've ordered another set of the swivel axles for when I store my dad's x748 for the winter.

/ mower deck dolly #39  
How do you determine the placement of the horizontal hole for the clevis pin that goes through the guide wheel mount so that the mower deck is balanced? I was going to use 18" steel rods with holes 1" from each end for 3" casters. Need to figure out where to drill the hole in the bar for the clevis pin. My deck is the RCK54-23BX.
Now I'm not sure if an 18" bar is long enough for general stability.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

/ mower deck dolly
How do you determine the placement of the horizontal hole for the clevis pin that goes through the guide wheel mount so that the mower deck is balanced? I was going to use 18" steel rods with holes 1" from each end for 3" casters. Need to figure out where to drill the hole in the bar for the clevis pin. My deck is the RCK54-23BX.
Now I'm not sure if an 18" bar is long enough for general stability.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I'm not familiar with your deck, so I'd say just put the deck up on the dolly wheels, and see how it balances. Find the sweet spot, mark it, then drill the holes for the clevis pins.