Mahindra 4530 4.60 star(s) (21)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra 4530.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761642 (9).jpg

About the Mahindra 4530

Mahindra 4530 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 4530 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (21)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra 4530 Subcompact Tractor
67 %
29 %
5 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
MEGray

4530 Mahindra
4530 Mahindrs
Model Year: 2008

A great strong 40 plus hp tractor...FEL very strong...if you start spinning rear wheels..shift to 4wd and hang on.

Pros: solid and strong
Cons: shifter a little spongy

4.00 star(s)
possum_hollow

4530 Mahindra
2006 Mahindra review
Model Year: 2006

This is one of three tractors I work on the farm. Used mostly for hay cutting and hauling, and FEL work. Very happy with it so far. Starts in any weather, handles very well. It has been a real workhorse when clearing woods and brush. I have two main complaints. One, it has always had some issues going into second gear. It was modified with the Mahindra "upgrade" before I bought it, so that is not the problem. The second complaint is the fuel tank screen. This fine mesh screen becomes clogged after 50-60 hours of operation, and requires cleaning. The tank must be drained to accomplish this.

Pros: Heavy duty, runs well, handles well.
Cons: Second gear, fuel screen

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
maintconsul

4530 Mahindra
Mahindra 4530 4WD tractor with front end loader, 4 in one bucket

Good sturdy tractor, but had two negative experiences. First was one of the steering linkages coming undone, leaving one wheel unsteerable. Obtained new linkage but was very hard to screw in, needed special tools, required several trips to dealer, which is 40 minutes away. Second the connecting pin on top of the gearbox to do with changing forward to reverse direction broke. Could replace with bolt and nut, but was fiddly job. Apart from these two incidents that both left me stranded, the tractor has been OK.

Pros: Sturdy and heavy
Cons: Tow 'mission-critical' incidents

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
stumpfinder

4530 Mahindra
Model Year: 2010

I thought while I was on here I would comment on my 4530. I got it home from dealer. Front Axle almost 1/2 gallon low on 80w90. Differential pedal backwards and would not engage diff lock. Despite being in 2wd tractor, it was stuck in 4wd had to adjust lever over a half inch to get it to disengage. The front right wheel tie rod unscrewed from the hydraulic steering control arm. I have a short in the temp gauge and half the time it won't read temps. 1st and 2nd gear in low range are a bit hard to get into gear, but the 3rd and 4th just go right in. The hydraulics are a bit slow. The front end loader blocks lights. No place to chain the front of the tractor easily when hauling (don't have grill guard) have to chain on the loader. Other than that, it works great.

Pros: Engine sounds good, easy on & off, love the back end hookups and adjustments.
Cons: Dry brakes should have just got the 55 series instead of the 45. It has wet breaks and I think a bigger loader.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

4530 Mahindra
I Love It

I bought it for its lifting capacity as we are also using it as a forklift. It pics up more than spec'd - I'm impressed. I looked around a long time before picking this one.Its old school i love it.

Pros: Built like a brick house.
Cons: Havn't found them yet.

5.00 star(s)
redtractor

4530 Mahindra
Built like a tank
Model Year: 2005

I purchased this 4 wheel drive 42.5 HP tractor used with 228 hours on it. It came with, front end loader, root grapple,6 ft HD Bush Hog, 6 ft box blade, and 6 ft grade master, all for $14,000.The 2011 model with FOL sells for $20,800 (cash price) with no equipment. This tractor has no problem handling any of this equipment. The extra weight of this tractor helps put the power to the ground, especially in 4 wheel drive. The front end loader has more lift capability at 2950 lbs than the competition. The shuttle shift works groat with the front end loader.

Pros: Heavier than competition, Greater lift capacity. Great price. Parts avalibility
Cons: No remotes on new model. A $600 expense if added.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Jwhitehead23

4530 Mahindra
2010 Mahindra 4530

So far this has been a great tractor. I use it to brush hog and as a log skidder. I don't take it easy on it, it earns its keep. The only problem I've had with it was at 100hrs threads on the Tie rod and ball joint on the right side backed out of the power steering cylinder and messed up the threads, Which left me stuck in a field. It took about 3 months to get the parts in. My only problem with the tractor is the weight. It's only a problem cause 98% of the work it does is not at the house which means I'm hauling it everywhere. With the loader and 7' Landpride it weighs in around 8500lbs. When skidding logs however, I'm glad I've got the weight, just don't need it to brushhog. If you are needing a tractor to work the farm it's hard to beat, it is a boss. If you plan on hauling it all over it might not be the best choice. It pulls the 7' brushhog great, very rarely gets bogged down and mows over anything.

Pros: Built like a tank, a lot of tractor for the money.
Cons: Heavy, I know I'm in the minority listing this as a con.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

4530 Mahindra
Outstanding Tractor

When I went shopping for a tractor, the best advice I got was buy the tractor new, get the implements used. The second best advice was to get a Mahindra tractor. I grew up running the old IH tractors in the 60s and 70s, and since the Mahindra Corp bought the old IH plant in India, they are pretty much the same tractor. My 4530 is the toughest tractor I have ever used. I use it for bushhogging, FEL work, etc. I just had it serviced at the 50 hour mark, and so far no problems whatsoever. It pulls unbelievably for it's size and it's weight helps in that regard. I have hilly terrain on my farm and I have been able to bushhog parts of it that I didn't think a tractor could get to without flipping thanks to this tractors wide stance and weight. I thought I would need the 4WD for this work but so far, not a problem in 2WD although the ag front tires do help a lot. This is the best tractor around for the price, and it will flat out outperform any of the big three tractor manufacturers HP for HP and beats them completely dollar for dollar.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Nothing so far.

5.00 star(s)
rockport

4530 Mahindra
After 6 Months

Really like the tractor,would buy again. Strong hydraulics, very stable on hills.Front end loader is great! Dealer was very easy to deal with and up front with issues and addressed all of them.

Pros: Good value for the money, nice features.
Cons: Shifts hard in main gears, but is getting better, bucket is a little lightweight.

3.00 star(s)
JDA

4530 Mahindra
Clutch Slippage

Had problem 2x with oil seal leaking oil on the clutch causing slippage.

Pros: Well built machine.
Cons: Needs quick hookups on lift arms.

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra 4530 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra 4530s

Mahindra 4530 Community Rankings

#362 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#157 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#933 user rating of 27027 items overall
#580 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall

Highest Rated in This Category

No results found.