Yanmar 2_31 4.70 star(s) (7)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar 2_31.
Under 25 HP Tractors
1704764262.jpg

About the Yanmar 2_31

Yanmar 2_31 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 2_31 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (7)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar 2_31 Subcompact Tractor
71 %
29 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
capt1989

2_31 Yanmar
YM2000
Model Year: 1979

I can't say enough about this little tractor. It has had a hard life since I bought it. It has 160lb cement wheel weights on each wheel, and in the early summer I fill the rear tires 3/4 with water. It has a front end loader that is used to haul and push and everything in between. I also have a pond scoop, 4ft bush hog, 4ft box blade, and a boom pole. I over load the FEL bucket more often than not when using it, and if it (the tractor) broke tomorrow I could not complain. My wife let a relative use it while I was at work and he managed to break the front axle housing, which I welded up and have had no problem with since. I purchased a back hoe ( LW6 ) which was delivered to my house yesterday. I am going to mount it to the tractor with a subframe, it is to heavy for the 3 point on the little Yanmar. Should be an interesting experiment.

Pros: Tough as they come. Powerful. Easily underestimated.
Cons: Not enough weight, but I use it hard...while being careful.

4.00 star(s)
shawnk1

2_31 Yanmar
Yanmar YM2000

The tractor itself has been dead reliable. It had just turned over on hours when I bought it roughly 10 years ago and I have put around 300 hours on it since. Engine/ transmission appear as if they will go a couple more decades with routine maintenance. Other than fluid changes-to date I've had to replace fuel bowl,air cleaner assembly, and the steering box. These things vibrate like crazy-watch for loose bolts. Outside of a nagging electrical/charging problem which has required me to jump the tractor off (sometimes a long drawn out process during the winter months), I have no complaints, and feel like the roughly 3,000 dollars I paid for the tractor were well spent. Dealer bailed on Yanmars about 18 months after purchase, so parts are an online deal for me.

Pros: Great value, tough little tractor.
Cons: Noisy; primitive compared to new compact tractors.

4.00 star(s)
cataulajcb

2_31 Yanmar
Yanmar 2000 Used
Model Year: 0

Tractor was purchased for cash individual sale so I can not rate reliability or dealer service. This is a grey market tractor with very low hours. I believe it has been serviced or overhauled at some point. I had a Ford 1300 which was under powered for me. The Yanmar has lots of power for a 5ft mower in tall fescue and is very easy to service. Routine maintenance parts are easy to get on the internet as are operator and other manuals. Buying a used tractor is always a risk but so far this has been very good. You MUST have an over running clutch if you use a mower. No ROPS and most safety features required on US tractors.

Pros: Simple well made.
Cons: No live PTO MUST! Have an over running clutch when using a mower.

5.00 star(s)
fcmazz

2_31 Yanmar
Does the Job
Model Year: 0

Had this Yanmar for a couple of years. Left it out in the weather while I was deployed for 18 months and started right up after a little fuel filter cleaning. Would recommend for 1-5 acres ranch/farm place.

Pros: Reliable.
Cons: Could have bigger/wider front tires.

5.00 star(s)
n66wxm

2_31 Yanmar
Owner Equipment
Model Year: 1976

Additional equipment: Box blade Landscape rake Tiller Auger Bush hog Finish Mower Lift pole Sub Soil ripper I also have a Case 1835 (propane powered) skid steer, front end loader. Used for: Landscaping and working a 1 acre garden on my 6 acre lot.

Pros: Economical to run.
Cons: Not 4 wheel drive.

5.00 star(s)
lott1057

2_31 Yanmar
Yanmar 2000

This is a great little "baby" tractor. I got it mainly to bush hog. The Bush Hog, blade, and disk came with it and I have been pleased with all of them. I wish I had a front end loader on it. The only problem that I have had is overheating. I plan to get the radiator cleaned out this winter. I said it was a 1979 model, but to be honest i have no idea.

Pros: Reliable.
Cons: Lightweight.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_31 Yanmar
Yanmar 2000
Model Year: 1977

I would recommend a Yanmar to anyone who asked. Mine was refurbished when I bought it 5 years ago, in 2009. I have put about 150 hours on it without any problems to date. It pulls a 4’ bush hog just fine. I’ve actually cut over 20 acres this year alone with it which is why I’m in the market for something bigger. I can cut a 9 acre pasture in 12 hours in 6th gear, just to give an example of how long it might take. I use a 55 gallon sprayer as well. With front weights, it carries the sprayer just fine. Without the weights, it will pick up the front tires when full. I also pull a 4.5’ disc. It does fine here as well but weights will definitely help. The tractor is a little small for the sprayer and the discs, but gets the job done. Everything else it does great with, 4’ tiller, 4’ bush hog, etc.

Pros: Durable, good torque, economical, simple, tough.
Cons: None.

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar 2_31 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar 2_31s

Yanmar 2_31 Community Rankings

#110 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#191 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1649 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall

Highest Rated in This Category

No results found.