Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built?

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #1  

Roscoe294

Bronze Member
Anyone know what year Komatsu made the D21E dozer? I'm told the "E" stands for what year it was built....late 80's?. Also anyone know what their roughly worth? Good working condition, good under carriage, say around 6000 hrs. thanks

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #3  
Get the serial number and I can run it for ya. :) Price always depends on condition and it's hard to guess without seeing it and running it around a bit. Good luck

Darin

Anyone know what year Komatsu made the D21E dozer? I'm told the "E" stands for what year it was built....late 80's?. Also anyone know what their roughly worth? Good working condition, good under carriage, say around 6000 hrs. thanks

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #4  
I bought a D21A-7E from darinray in the spring and it is a 1997. i am not close to the machine now but the serial # is 79???. Hope this helps.

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #5  
I believe what is after the "E" will tell you the age of the machine.

[url=http://www.alaskaexcavators.com/Komatsu_Dozer_Models.htm]KOMATSU SMALL DOZER MODELS EXPLAINED[/url] said:
D21P - is a powershift wide track
D20P - is a direct drive wide track
D21A - is a powershift narrow track
D20A - is a direct drive narrow track

The only other model designation is the -5, -6 or -7
Models ending in -5 are pre 1985
Models ending in -6 are 1985-1992
Models ending in -7 are 1992 or newer
There are also some -7 models produced after 1997 that have a single lever blade control and the 2 speed in the directional joystick

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #6  
Thanks for the plug. :) :) Sure hope all is going well for you these days. Just tore into a final drive here in my baby shop and what a mess. :( Scary thing is there really is no warning until it's too late. Well I guess if a person did oil samples monthly that would help for sure.

Darin

I bought a D21A-7E from darinray in the spring and it is a 1997. i am not close to the machine now but the serial # is 79???. Hope this helps.

/ Komatsu D21E dozer....year(s) built? #7  
Get the serial number and I can run it for ya. :) Price always depends on condition and it's hard to guess without seeing it and running it around a bit. Good luck

Darin
Hi, I'm trying to find the year of a Komatsu D21E-6 dozer. Serial number 61003. 1000 hours on it. Great shape.