Comparison Kubota Insurance vs personal

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #11  
JT, My homeowners only covers my machinery on my property. Towing is not covered in any way. A seperate rider is needed. Those riders are more expensive than kubota's insurance and they are generally a prorated policy, not replacement value.

I think that Kubota's insurance is a pretty good value in comparison.

Some policies may full cover the machine anywhere. State Farm does not.

Is it possible that you have an umbrella policy, and not a standard homeowners policy?

I asked my agent if my tractor burned up working on the rightaway (not my property, but the only access) it wouldn't be covered. He stressed that.

There are different Homeowners policies. I think they are referred to as HO1, HO2, etc by most companies. I do and always have bought the HO1. Very little difference in price and much better coverage. I get a high deductible since I won't make small claims anyway and it reduces the premium so I can buy the HO1. Replacement coverage is one part of the HO1. You point out very well what I'm preaching, call/talk to your agent to see what coverage you have (and you don't have) and if your under insured then find out how much to add the additional coverage under your current policy. You can also start shopping:) for a new company if you find yours is below par for the amount your paying. This does and is happening. I used to shop my homeowners every year at renewal time but since going with Farm Bureau I've quit doing that. My agent is a farmer and has tractors so I trust he knows exactly what his policy covers and isn't just popping off with a response which I suspect some agents may do that don't know what they are talking about. If someone doesn't have a homeowners policy I believe the Kubota insurance is good coverage at a decent price.
I'm not badmouthing Kubota coverage, I'm just trying to encourage members to not double cover for several hundred dollars that could be spent to buy a boxblade, RatchetRake and Ferguson over seeder and maybe something else.

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #12  
I know my home owners insurance on this home does NOT cover it and they did at one time.....

so I had to buy Kubota insurance. So do and some do not...Up here insurance is cheap...Down south I still am are like "#$%^$$".

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #13  
iI have a 2005 kx161 excavator last year a tree fell on my diger bent some things and scrached it . I have kubota full coverage . and when i say full thats just what they gave me . they payed for everything including complete paint job and new lettering. $14500 if i had any other insurance it would have been big run around . and i love there financing to. great comp this is my 5th new excavator from them .

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #14  
remember kubota knows kubota your home owners knows how to tell you your not covered

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #15  
I had a tree fall on my run-in shed this winter. My Ins agent had an adjuster there in a couple days (major storm in area). Was settled within a week and a half-full replacement policy. I have done business with this agent for 25 years Car, collector car,home, umbrella. I know I could save a few bucks here and there, but the value to me is having an office I can walk into and see a person. I brought the Kubota policy down, explained how I would use the tractor and they said "buy their insurance". That's what I pay them for-they know more than I do and I trust them. We are also talking about 150 a year or 3 bucks a week. I spend 35 a week on coffee. Just to show everyone I am not a spendthrift I promise to cut back 3 bucks a week on coffee (hope I don't screw up the economy!)

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #16  
iI have a 2005 kx161 excavator last year a tree fell on my diger bent some things and scrached it . I have kubota full coverage . and when i say full thats just what they gave me . they payed for everything including complete paint job and new lettering. $14500 if i had any other insurance it would have been big run around . and i love there financing to. great comp this is my 5th new excavator from them .
Do you not have a deductible with that policy? So you didn't pay one penny out of your own pocket or was supposed to? You Seem to have had some issues when you refer to other insurance giving you the run around.

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #17  
I had a tree fall on my run-in shed this winter. My Ins agent had an adjuster there in a couple days (major storm in area). Was settled within a week and a half-full replacement policy. I have done business with this agent for 25 years Car, collector car,home, umbrella. I know I could save a few bucks here and there, but the value to me is having an office I can walk into and see a person. I brought the Kubota policy down, explained how I would use the tractor and they said "buy their insurance". That's what I pay them for-they know more than I do and I trust them. We are also talking about 150 a year or 3 bucks a week. I spend 35 a week on coffee. Just to show everyone I am not a spendthrift I promise to cut back 3 bucks a week on coffee (hope I don't screw up the economy!)
If your agent told you that you are covered under your current policy for all the things you told him you would do with your tractor, would you have still bought the additional $150 a year policy? If your agent told you that you are covered for everything under your current policy except for flood and you would have to pay him an additional $122 per year to include that coverage, would you still buy the additional $150 a year policy?

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #18  
MY deductable is 250 . have other equipment with local agents never had any clams so do know how it would go .

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #19  
If your agent told you that you are covered under your current policy for all the things you told him you would do with your tractor, would you have still bought the additional $150 a year policy? If your agent told you that you are covered for everything under your current policy except for flood and you would have to pay him an additional $122 per year to include that coverage, would you still buy the additional $150 a year policy?
No and no, but he didn't say that and I wasn't covered for everything especially off-property work. Look John, I understand your point and you are comfortable with what you did for insurance and I am comfortable with what I did. Some people will tend to go overboard with insurance, I do it because I have experienced 2 situations in the past that most people would say was a million to one shot-one health insurance and one property. Just in the case of the health policy that involved one of my children over a 5 year period, I could have been wiped out financially just on co-pays. The $150 to me pales in comparison to not being covered for something that comes out of left field .

/ Kubota Insurance vs personal #20  
I compared what the dealer told me Kubota covered to my Grange ins. coverage, all the same coverage, but the Kubota ins. was $211.00/yr.compared to my $78.00/yr. $133.00/yr. in my pocket!!