Snow An observation from the deep south.....

/ An observation from the deep south..... #11  
Have you looked at Europe lately? It might be mild here in the US, but they're getting beaten up pretty badly over the pond.

Keith

A few days ago they reported over 300 people dead from the cold in Europe. Even China and Japan are getting lots of snow. Out our way it has been a real mild winter, only one snow fall of about 4 inches. Light rain today with a high of about 8C or 44F.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #12  
In southern New Mexico we have had about 28 inches so far which is about average for us. I find it kind of wierd that we have had more snow than some places in Canada. One of the snow events was over 12 inches so it gave me the opportunity to test out my mower and rearblade.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #13  
We had the second warmest two month December - January span ever. Average temperature for the span was 11F.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #14  
We had the second warmest two month December - January span ever. Average temperature for the span was 11F.

I am sure glad our LOW didn't get anywhere close to your average!
David from jax

/ An observation from the deep south..... #15  
We're only part way through our second tank of heating oil, which at the price of oil this year is a huge relief. Miss the snow though.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #16  
I am sure glad our LOW didn't get anywhere close to your average!
David from jax

I'm with you David, but having moved here full-time from Miami, the 20 degree weather the past few days has moved me to drastic measures. I didn't have any heaters in my Miami house!

I like to go out on the porch and have my coffee while looking through TBN and this pedestal heater makes a BIG difference...

Attachments

• heater.gif
    heater.gif
    99.6 KB · Views: 154
   / An observation from the deep south..... #17  
It's been a very weird winter in NH. We get almost a foot of snow on Halloween then practially nothing the rest of the winter season. I think I'm going to have about a cord or more of wood left over compared to previous winters.

Usually we have so much snow, I can't get into the woods to pull logs, but no problem this year. I gave up and took the plow off. With the exception of last night getting down to 13 degrees, it's been so warm I was able to grade my driveway last week. I've never been able to do anything like that in February! I don't even think the ground is frozen very far down.

It's been nice, but if we don't get any snow, it's going to be a very dry spring. We will need to get a lot of rain to make up for what we don't get in snow melt. If this were summer, we would be in a drought.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #18  
Kebo--You may have the advantage over us right now, but this summer when you are sweltering in that steamy heat, I will be sitting on the deck enjoying the cool breeze off the lake while I have my cocktail.:thumbsup:

/ An observation from the deep south..... #19  
Don't you think the equipment manufacturers and dealers are a little behind in sales of snow removal equipment? Maybe they are filling containers and shipping them all to Europe. After last year's Super Bowl snow event here in N. Texas, the DOT purchased about a 30 total snowplows for the DFW area. They are sitting unused and looking brite and shiny because the paint has never been scratched. Oh well. . . maybe if they don't get used for a couple of years, they'll ship them out to the Texas panhandle where they need snow equipment every year.:thumbsup:

/ An observation from the deep south..... #20  
Been a very bizarre fall and winter here in northern MA.

Warm and wet fall - and around here that means yet another mud season - yecch!

As was said above, we got a heavy snow on Halloween which knocked out our power for six days, then not much since. It's has been above average, but not super warm. But weird things are afoot - I was out feeding cattle last February 9th and was attacked by - mosquitoes! That just isn't right! It's seasonably cold right now, but they're saying 40's by Wednesday again.