14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS"

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #1  

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
Like the title says I am going to buy a 20' trailer with 2' dovetail. Has to have fold down ramps w/springs for the rear. Looking for opinions or a good source, drive over fenders would be nice but not required. So far Loadtrail is the one I am looking at the hardest. CJ

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #2  
   / 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS"
I am not sure if this trailer is available in the configuration you want, I think you would have to call or email a salesman, but Gator Made Inc. - Buy Trailers Factory Direct! | Low Profile Equipment Trailer Aardvark Elite 14k GVW is worth checking into.

I like my Gatormade (see the thread on this) and my neighbor has one now and likes his as well. They are not the highest quality, they are more middle of the pack, but what you get for the amount you spend is pretty great IMO.

Thanks, they look like very nice units. We'll give them a shout.

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #4  
any thoughts about going longer and a gooseneck? i have a deckover.. love it more than drive over fender or betweent he fender styles. gotta have gn or 5th whl rails though.. they pull great though.. you'll hate a bumper pull after pulling a 5th or gn...

any thoughts about going longer and a gooseneck? i have a deckover.. love it more than drive over fender or betweent he fender styles. gotta have gn or 5th whl rails though.. they pull great though.. you'll hate a bumper pull after pulling a 5th or gn...

I actually just sold a 3 axle gooseneck 24' with a 3' dovetail, I don't need anything that big anymore. I really like the G/N solves alot of the borrowing problems. But I need the truck bed and that is a downfall with the G/N. CJ

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #6  
as in you need the truck be while trailering? cuz otherwise, the beds available with a gn hitch when not trailering.

as in you need the truck be while trailering? cuz otherwise, the beds available with a gn hitch when not trailering.

Yea I need a spot for the dirtbikes and stuff. My F250 is still set up for any hitch combination. If I was hauling over 15k like I used to the G/N would be a must but up to 15K the tag handles it fine as long as it is loaded correctly. CJ

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #8  
CJONE said:
I actually just sold a 3 axle gooseneck 24' with a 3' dovetail, I don't need anything that big anymore. I really like the G/N solves alot of the borrowing problems. But I need the truck bed and that is a downfall with the G/N. CJ

I am the same way. I need my bed so my 25+5 GN had to go. It was nice having a 25,000# trailer but it also weighed 6,200# empty. I am much happier with my BP stuff and for the few times I need heavy stuff hauled just let someone else do it.

Chris

/ 14-16K 20' TAG TRAILER "OPINIONS" #9  
gn spoiled me.. I HATE bp now.. :) if I need bed space.. that just means I need 8' more trailer.. :)

I am the same way. I need my bed so my 25+5 GN had to go. It was nice having a 25,000# trailer but it also weighed 6,200# empty. I am much happier with my BP stuff and for the few times I need heavy stuff hauled just let someone else do it.

Chris

Yea, and here is another thought for you. The MDOT is cracking down hard on pickups pulling loads so in Michigan you better be 100% legal, so I agree with you I just pay somebody else to haul heavy anymore!!