What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,271  
Litigate or intimidate what one can't legislate.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,272  
saw a (Disneyland) T-shirt the other day that said "I'm Grumpy, because You're Dopey" - I love it.

the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,273  

"Be who you are, say what you will, those that matter wont mind, those that mind don't matter".

This is a quote from ArmyGrunt in another thread. It's his signature and is pretty profound.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,274  
One I forgot about...

A poor man can afford only the best. John Browning (1855 1926)

Took me 30 years to figure that one out. I often bought a lower price item and incorrectly equated price with value. After repeatedly buying the same items multiple times because of poor performance, I saw the light. Browning is right.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,275  
The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,276  
Another great quote from another TBNer on a different thread.

Life is too short.. Eat your cake first . TheKid

How true that is.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,277  
One I forgot about...

A poor man can afford only the best. John Browning (1855 1926)

Took me 30 years to figure that one out. I often bought a lower price item and incorrectly equated price with value. After repeatedly buying the same items multiple times because of poor performance, I saw the light. Browning is right.
Along the same line:
There is nothing one man makes that another can't make of lesser quality and sell for less. The man who buys for price alone is his rightful prey. . . . .
If BS was music you would be a brass band! ! :laughing:! !

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,279  
Another great quote from another TBNer on a different thread.

Life is too short.. Eat your cake first . TheKid

How true that is.

IMO...this may seem like a "great quote" to you...to me it equates to being an opportunist...which in many cases resolves into taking advantage of (or exploiting) someone else at their expense...

Don't get me wrong, if "eating my cake" serves no one but myself and inflicts anything negative to another party...I'll always try to share the "cake"...just my nature due to my up-bringing...!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,280  
IMO...this may seem like a "great quote" to you...to me it equates to being an opportunist...which in many cases resolves into taking advantage of (or exploiting) someone else at their expense...

Don't get me wrong, if "eating my cake" serves no one but myself and inflicts anything negative to another party...I'll always try to share the "cake"...just my nature due to my up-bringing...!
I have a different take on that quote: Since life is short take your pleasures first then the drudgery or less pleasant aspects. I didn't draw an inference to putting another person down or taking unfair advantage.