4x20 cabin air filter

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #1  

JB Farm

Has anyone found an aftermarket filter to use as a cab air filter? If so would you share details as to where to get them? It would be nice to find a cheaper option, that filter costs way more than it should.

Thanks
Brian

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #2  
Just went thru this with my 3720, no aftermarket cabin filters yet. But don't hold your breath assuming that aftermarket will be cheaper. I also needed an outer engine air filter; NAPA quoted me $41 (outer only), John Deere gets $31. So I'm picking up both filters at the JD dealer today. This isn't a one-off either. I needed a mower deck belt for a JD lawn tractor, got one from a local parts vendor. Chewed that sucker up in a matter of minutes. Went to JD, got a Kevlar-reinforced belt for less money than I had just spent on the one that had just self-destructed. Still had that belt on the deck when I sold the mower a few years later.

//greg//

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #3  
I just blew my factory filter out with compressed air. Good as new. I do it once every 2 months. You get yours wet or something and now its ruined?

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #4  
I just blew my factory filter out with compressed air. Good as new. I do it once every 2 months. You get yours wet or something and now its ruined?
Isn't that what the book says? Blow it out, don't replace it. Nice for a change when "replace" isn't the norm.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #5  
I need to replace mine too, but four years is longer than I expected to get out of it.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #6  
When I am raking hay or mowing up some nasty stuff - I have to clean it every hour.

I go thru multiple filters in a year. I have actually had the filter fail and pull apart.

D.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #7  
When I am raking hay or mowing up some nasty stuff - I have to clean it every hour.

I go thru multiple filters in a year. I have actually had the filter fail and pull apart.

D.

I'm sure your probably exaggerating a tad just to make a point but if that were true that its so bad you have to clean a cabin air filter every hour, you would have to do the same for the engine air filter and your radiator fins. Your machine would be a nightmare. Working in mass e excavation I have been in some disaster situations but can still get a full week in before cleaning anything. Just saying, you must be exaggerating a bit

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #8  
If you run a 4520 cab a full week raking hay or mowing this dirty stuff - it will burn up period. The reality it can't go a whole day. The engine filter is a much better design. Do need to wipe off the grill often. Radiator blown out at least once a day.

I am not making this stuff up.

The cabin air filter design is crap.

Exactly the reason I can't wait for my 5093e to show up to replace it.

D.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #9  
New filter run one day on my 4520. Mx6 shredding real low cleaning up after clearing stumps. Hot summer day dry. Lots of dirt.

You be the judge.

D .

Attachments

• image-243763930.jpg
    image-243763930.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image-1430868726.jpg
    image-1430868726.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 471
  • image-2014185609.jpg
    image-2014185609.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 332
   / 4x20 cabin air filter #10  
New filter run one day on my 4520. Mx6 shredding real low cleaning up after clearing stumps. Hot summer day dry. Lots of dirt.

You be the judge.

D .

this is after a week or an hour...?