4x20 cabin air filter

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #21  
Its a very mild cleaner, and it is for the evap. I believe it is a spray nine product. Will look today. But your are right, there are some really nasty cleaners out there.

I worked on reefer units for a long time and had to use some of the harsh cleaners on the condensers. Nu brite I think is what it was. You can't leave it on very long at all. But man does it foam and push that road grime out. Made for much more tolerable head pressures.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #22  
I was wrong. It's a zep product.

Attachments

• image-3367138856.jpg
    image-3367138856.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 119
   / 4x20 cabin air filter #23  
I buy mine from Johnstone Supply, some aerosol cans and some gallon jugs. No more than I need it the spray cans are good enough. I would much prefer not having to take the top off to clean the coil but it looks pretty tight in there.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #24  
here ya go some good stuff especially in this Texas heat/humidity of today

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 104
   / 4x20 cabin air filter #25  
I will order some.

Thanks,
D.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #26  
I'm sure your probably exaggerating a tad just to make a point but if that were true that its so bad you have to clean a cabin air filter every hour, you would have to do the same for the engine air filter and your radiator fins. Your machine would be a nightmare. Working in mass e excavation I have been in some disaster situations but can still get a full week in before cleaning anything. Just saying, you must be exaggerating a bit

I don't think he is exaggerating at all.. on my 3520 today and yesterday, while bush hogging... I had to clean it every hour.. including grille and radiator, else heat alarm would come on...

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #27  
I buy mine from Johnstone Supply, some aerosol cans and some gallon jugs. No more than I need it the spray cans are good enough. I would much prefer not having to take the top off to clean the coil but it looks pretty tight in there.

So... can you just spray that on the coil through the hole where the filter goes, without removing the cab roof? Does it not tear anything up in blower? Cause foul smell or vapors in cab?

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #28  
So... can you just spray that on the coil through the hole where the filter goes, without removing the cab roof? Does it not tear anything up in blower? Cause foul smell or vapors in cab?

It won't hurt the blower to spray the coil from the outside but it may not do a good enough job of cleaning either. I will look at it this morning to pass judgement.

Until the July 4th weekend it was so dry in New Mexico that dust was a huge problem for us. In some cases I had to till against the wind to see where I was going, then wait for the dust to clear driving back to the other end and make another pass. That was tough on air filters of all kinds. I am sure Texas was very similar.

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #29  

To my thinking trying to clean evaporator through access hole that cab filter fits in is very similar to showering ones body with you "undies" still on.:thumbdown:

/ 4x20 cabin air filter #30  
Waste of cleaner. But why even consider it, when the cabin filter comes right out by removing two simple thumbscrews? Remember, the owner manual is your friend.

By the way, how many of you have ever removed and washed the foam dust filters on the cab side of the evaporator.?

//greg//