2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #11  
That's where my '05 Ford was interstate mileage and when you hooked a trailer to it;forgetaboutit. I will admit to being more than pleasantly surprised with the Tundra mileage, especially when you consider I was more interested in towing capability(the Ford never had that) than mpg

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #12  
Between Ford and Toyota? Toyota for sure! Reliability is more important than fuel mileage.

However Toyota needs to improve truck fuel mileage ASAP! How about a Diesel option Toyota?!

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #13  
That's almost unbelievable, you have the manual? My 01 5.4 has got 12 mpg every tank that had no towing or city driving. Towing our 27 ft flatbed it drops into the single digits. I have heard some 2wd reg cab folks with the 5.4 and std get up to 15.

19+ with 4.30 Gears is pretty darn good. I had a 01 F250 5.4 with 3.73 that got the best at 16.5 Mpg

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #14  
I keep toying with the idea of getting a new (or almost new) truck and it really comes down to the Ford or the Toyota. I'm lucky because the Tundra's are very popular around here so I can get a wide range of opinions. From what I've been told you can expect around 17.5 mpg with the Ecoboost and 15 mpg with the Tundra unloaded as an average. A few have told me they get better than that with the Ford and I know one person who can barely get about 10 with the Tundra but I figure it's most likely extreme driving styles. When it comes to towing the Ford drops down to about equal to the Tundra, around 11~12 mpg unless really loaded. Looking around other forums on the internet seams to back these numbers up.

Even though the Tundra doesn't come with an intergrated brake controller they seam to be the choice for people pulling a RV. I suspect it's the room inside or maybe they find the interior more comfortable. I also see a number of contractors driving Tundras. Don't get me wrong, lots of Ecoboosts and GMs around here too. It seams like if you are going to be towing a lot then it's a toss up then either would be fine. If MPG when not towing is a big concern then the Ford would be a better choice. However for me I would be looking more at how I liked the feel of the truck, driving and comfort, over mpg. The difference between 17.5 and 15 over 100k miles is a little over $3k. Around here the resale value of the Tundra will get you that back and more. But if you are heavy with the right foot I would say lean towards the Ford.

Everyone has their personal preferences. I lean towards Toyota. Ever since they replaced the frame on my 2000 Tundra I give them the edge. I drive by trucks newer than my Tundra that are parked in back yards because the frame will not pass inspection. Usually they become yard plow trucks until the frame rots and they break in half. Once they get that bad they become donor trucks to keep other plow trucks running.

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #15  
I would like some feedback from you fellows regarding these 2 trucks. A life change has necessatated the need for a crew cab. I looked at the Tundra yesterday. Likes- alot of features ( cupholders, power outlets, storage), huge inside, free maint for 2 years, plenty of power (5.7). Dislike- limited interior color (I prefer darker), fuel mileage stinks, 5.5 ft bed. I am looking at a XLT Ford today, both eco boost and 5.0. Thoughts?

Real-world MPG:

2013 Toyota Tundra MPG Reports | Fuelly
2013 Ford F-150 MPG Reports | Fuelly
2013 Ford F-150 MPG Reports | Fuelly

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #16  
That's almost unbelievable, you have the manual? My 01 5.4 has got 12 mpg every tank that had no towing or city driving. Towing our 27 ft flatbed it drops into the single digits. I have heard some 2wd reg cab folks with the 5.4 and std get up to 15.

Don't have the Manual and also don't have the truck. This was a two wheel drive doing all freeway and as I said MY BEST. Believe or Don't believe, Who cares. I don't.

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #17  
Get the toyota. Better dealers, better truck.

Ford dealers suck. Ecoboost sucks. Regional reps are no better. Ill never own another ford.

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #18  
Get the toyota. Better dealers, better truck.

Ford dealers suck. Ecoboost sucks. Regional reps are no better. Ill never own another ford.

The Resale on Fords are Terrible.

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #19  
Ya. Im stuck with one now! Looking at having to dump some serious cash into it, so much Ill likely have to keep it till it rots. Rockers, rear end, drive shaft. Front drive shaft, transfer case, drivers seat, exhaust manifolds, muffler.... All need rebuilding/repairs/replacement. Can't give the darn thing away!

/ 2013 Tundra vs 2013 Ford #20  
Even the Dam> door handle broke...New steering box at 27,000