Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,041  
Yes, but when they argue over the schematic layout of the electrical system diagram, it starts to wear thin. They don't want to change the functional parts, just rearrange them to their own personal liking. They want the batteries shown bigger, higher on the page, lower on the page, lines a different color, goofy fonts, flow from right-left instead of left-right, etc., etc.:rolleyes: One guy had such a big ego that he wanted his name printed on every schematic in the book as if he had drawn them. . . sigh! Of course, I loved every minute of that. You just understood that was gonna happen. If you didn't like that, you needed to find another job.:)

What did the Lady pilots want ? :dance1::stirthepot:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,042  
Deer are so pretty! I hope that you had all of the apples that you wanted!

Would you like me to send you a couple dozen....Deer?
My wife used to think they were cute, especially the young ones, but that was many
ripped up and partially eaten flowers and gardens ago. :(

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,043  

More money and power and less manure from the guys! :laughing: There was never any problems, as long as I got my way! :drink:

One time, when I was still in my first few months at Frontier, I was flying with a Capt. who thought his didn't stink. He also would slip off his wedding ring in the cockpit, before he'd taxi to the location of the overnight, on the first night of a 3 day series. H'e put it back on, before he'd taxi to the gate, when the series was finished. If one called him a horse's patootie, it would be insulting the horse. Anyway, we touched down at 2359 in Omaha, as I recall, on the last night of our 3 day series, and it was scheduled to be a "stand up overnight". (Meaning, we had less that 6 hours scheduled on the ground there, and had to get the shuttle to the hotel, try to get a nap, and be ready for an 0545 departure the next day.) So, before we have come to a complete stop on the runway, a flight attendant races into the cockpit and says some guy is trying to open the exit door, saying he needs to get off of the plane NOW. The captain looked at me with a sneer and said, "I ought to make you take care of that." To which I replied, "No problem, but do you have b*lls big enough to back me up, when I finish the job? Because if I have to put on my cap and tie and go dink around with him at midnight, it ain't a gonna be pretty!" Captain thought about it about 2 seconds and said, "No, I think I'd better do it."

So yes, we are used to having to be ready for ANYTHING, be it mechanical, jerks, bomb threats, etc.

Yep, more money and power, and less manure is what the lady pilots want! :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,044  
I think my $13 dollar digital indoor/outdoor thermometer that tells me humidity also is way off in it's humidity readings. It said 60% yesterday and the TV newsman said it was 85% humid. So I guess I'll stop quoting that reading!
I did get 4/10ths an inch of rain yesterday morning.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,045  

Pilot is an a non-gender specific title.;)

The point I had to enforce is that I don't tell a pilot how to fly the plane. I am the expert on documentation and expect the same respect for my expertise.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,046  
Pilot is an a non-gender specific title.;)

The point I had to enforce is that I don't tell a pilot how to fly the plane. I am the expert on documentation and expect the same respect for my expertise.

Jim, I dont doubt that for a moment, BUT, I think Bird could ***** anyone on TBN:eek: I have no doubt he could tell us what he was doing at 12:23pm on the 23rd of June in 1961!!! Heck he still has receipts too!!:shocked::rotfl:

One thing about male pilots, they dont get cramps and have "mood" swings!:D:stirthepot:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,047  
Jim, I dont doubt that for a moment, BUT, I think Bird could ***** anyone on TBN:eek: I have no doubt he could tell us what he was doing at 12:23pm on the 23rd of June in 1961!!! Heck he still has receipts too!!:shocked::rotfl:

One thing about male pilots, they dont get cramps and have "mood" swings!:D:stirthepot:

:laughing:Let's see . . . that day I would have just been getting home from work, since I got off at midnight. No receipts though because I couldn't afford to buy anything.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,048  

Dennis,
One thing I learned about working:banghead: with and around Captains of either gender. That is to keep them happy and not to rock the boat. I think you better run for cover. When a Captain asked where something is..........Your correct response is............I'll get it. Bad mouthing or back talking a Captain is :forbidden: I think Jim and you might want to get ready for a :stormwarning: or :tornado:. Cause I got a feeling your gonna need an :umbrella-guy: Maybe you should just :stopsign: and think about just who you are talking to. I know you are just :stirthepot: but you have a :bullseye: on your back and you are messing with :fiery: Best thing to do is to think of Captains with this :superman:eek:n their chest.
hugs, Brandi:stirthepot:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,049  
:laughing:Let's see . . . that day I would have just been getting home from work, since I got off at midnight. No receipts though because I couldn't afford to buy anything.:laughing:

I was sitting on a wood floor, on a cushion, watching Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans on our black and white TV.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,050  
Brandi, corporate jet pilots are more often in the possession of a plunger in their hand that a red "S" on their chest. If they are lucky enough to work in a flight department that has a mechanic, they are held in slightly higher esteem. These guys are the ones that have to kiss backsides on the execs in the cabin and make sure the bar is well stocked before the flight. When they take a job as an instructor-pilot, they exchange their red cape for a chance to go home every night. Most of them never had a red cape or even know what one looks like anyhow. They are so used to being everything from maid to magician that it is sometimes hard for them to realize they don't have to do everything when they walk into the door of the training center. It would be hard for anybody to do that. However, once you establish that you are on their side and a partner they can rely on, things get easier. Unfortunately, when they are selected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), they have never had any training in their roles. Nobody teaches them anything about writing, proofreading, or how to do editing marks. Graphics terminology is also foreign to them, but they don't want to admit that they don't know these things. We have to explain that nobody expects SME to stand for Smartest Man on Earth. Once their roles are defined and they know you won't embarrass them, they treat you as a member of their team.