JD or Kubota

/ JD or Kubota
I did realize only some of the potential of the HST within the 30 minutes or so I was giving it a test drive / checkout. the one thing that got my attention is the ability to with the movement of the lever on the steering column to combine the RPM with the movement of the tractor with my right foot to most it would seem standard but the L3800 did not have this ability cant wait to explore the rest of the features even closer.

wmonroe asked about the 400 hour service, can anyone tell me what is SUDT oil?? what is required in the 400 hour service I was figuring that the dealer would have to do these as record to keep the warranty in place ??

/ JD or Kubota
You should have been comparing a 3038E to the L3800. Your matchup was incorrect and the John Deere dealer lost the deal because of this.

I agree in the beginning I was not comparing correctly and that's a benefit of this site to find my errors. I soon realized after some postings on this site the L3800 was not for me. The JD 3520 was compared to the L 3540 as mentioned in an earlier comparable comment. In the end as both were rental returns the K with 400 hours the JD with 125 hours the JD dealer lost the deal because the JD was 9k more.. I was not concerned why a dealer may or may not get the deal, my consideration was based on who I felt made me the best deal between the two comparable tractors. I asked myself is the 250 hours between the two tractors worth the difference in cash it would have taken to buy the JD? So I chose the K But that's just me.

/ JD or Kubota #33  
I agree in the beginning I was not comparing correctly and that's a benefit of this site to find my errors. I soon realized after some postings on this site the L3800 was not for me. The JD 3520 was compared to the L 3540 as mentioned in an earlier comparable comment. In the end as both were rental returns the K with 400 hours the JD with 125 hours the JD dealer lost the deal because the JD was 9k more.. I was not concerned why a dealer may or may not get the deal, my consideration was based on who I felt made me the best deal between the two comparable tractors. I asked myself is the 250 hours between the two tractors worth the difference in cash it would have taken to buy the JD? So I chose the K But that's just me.

Understand and good idea - this site is interesting. Some very good advice and some smart people here all having fun doing what they like doing best - looking at tractors!

/ JD or Kubota #34  
Good research - sometimes small things like telescoping three pt hitch links are so nice - the L3800 does not have them.

/ JD or Kubota #35  
wmonroe asked about the 400 hour service, can anyone tell me what is SUDT oil?? what is required in the 400 hour service I was figuring that the dealer would have to do these as record to keep the warranty in place ??

SUDT is Kubotas hydraulic oil they recommend in the HST grand L series. If I remember right my 5240 takes about 12 gallons, so with all the filters and oil the 400 hour service will run me about $500 - $600 if I do the work myself. I would ask the dealer and make sure it was done.

/ JD or Kubota #39  
Its standard on a Kioti DK

/ JD or Kubota #40  
Congratulations on your new tractor, it took me quite some time to get use to the HST+, but now like it more than expected.

No doubt John Deere, Kioti and others make good machines, it is getting harder and harder to choose.