Help me advise neighbor

/ Help me advise neighbor #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I need some expert JD advice. My neighbor just signed a deal on a John Deere 3038e tractor with 305 loader. I asked him if the loader had the Universal Skid-Steer quick-tach adapter and found out it came with the JD quick-tach adapter. I suggested that he contact his dealer and find out what it would cost to have his loader set up for the Universal SS adapter. After talking to his dealer this morning, the dealer told him that he would have to sell him the loader without a bucket. Doesn't JD sell universal SS buckets? I suggested that he should be able to trade his standard bucket for the SS style AG bucket.

I don''t know how much help he will get from the dealer, but I have pallet forks, a rock bucket-grapple, a bale spear, two buckets, and other attachments for my loader. I could loan him those if he has the skid-steer plate, but not the JD plate. Of course, he can buy a JD to SS adapter for around $900, but that's a pretty severe penalty.

I'm wondering if any of you JD owners have purchased a JD loader with SS adapter and what the difference in prices are for that setup vs the JD. His bucket now is a 5' bucket and his 305 loader has a capacity around 1200 lb.

Can anyone help? I'd sure appreciate some advice to pass on.

/ Help me advise neighbor
Thanks, chevy. That's great info. Even with shipping, that adapter is a bargain.

/ Help me advise neighbor #4  
as far as is my understanding, JD does not use the universal SS adapter in its tractor lines. They have their own system.

/ Help me advise neighbor #5  
i think a big part of that discussion is that JD doesn't recommend any skid steer attachments for
loaders under the 300cx size, but i'm sure many still do convert.
as of right now, there are no JD skid steer carrier options for new loaders,
except for the larger loaders on the 4000 series tractors, then it's over $600
to upgrade to that carrier. plus you have to buy a SS bucket, and if the dealer doesn't
have to contract to sell commercial worksite products, then he can't order them from Deere.

chevy that adapter is rather inexpensive, do you or does anybody else have experience with
that adapter? I have seen that website recently in other attachment searches..

/ Help me advise neighbor #6  
Thanks, chevy. That's great info. Even with shipping, that adapter is a bargain.
yes,, it looks like a good deal. the only drawback is it's added weight, on an already limited loader,
which reduces his net lift capacity. but, for the occasional borrowing of forks or other attachments,
that adapter is a great idea to maintain his OE loader, and then have the ability to use your attachments.
much less than buying the JD parts also, sort of the best of both worlds.

/ Help me advise neighbor
yes,, it looks like a good deal. the only drawback is it's added weight, on an already limited loader,
which reduces his net lift capacity. but, for the occasional borrowing of forks or other attachments,
that adapter is a great idea to maintain his OE loader, and then have the ability to use your attachments.
much less than buying the JD parts also, sort of the best of both worlds.

That's the way I see it too. Not only does the adapter add weight, but it moves the load out further by 8-10" from the pivot/pins. That has a tremendous degrading effect on loader lift and breakout. However, as you say, if it's for an occasional pallet fork use on light loads, you can't beat it.

/ Help me advise neighbor #8  
I wonder if the attachment is the same for the 305 Loader as is the new D160 loader? He might also question why he is getting the 305 and not the D160, not exactly sure what the difference is. I bought my 2013 3032e in January and it came with the 305 loader also. I'm betting he is getting a 2013 model like I did. I have no use for the skid steer attachments so it was irrelevant to me.

/ Help me advise neighbor #9  
as far as is my understanding, JD does not use the universal SS adapter in its tractor lines. They have their own system.

My 4720's 400cx is set up for skid steer attachments. It was about a $500.00 option. But I did get the original parts back in a box, in case I ever want to switch back to the JD mounts.

/ Help me advise neighbor #10  
I need some expert JD advice. My neighbor just signed a deal on a John Deere 3038e tractor with 305 loader. I asked him if the loader had the Universal Skid-Steer quick-tach adapter and found out it came with the JD quick-tach adapter. I suggested that he contact his dealer and find out what it would cost to have his loader set up for the Universal SS adapter. After talking to his dealer this morning, the dealer told him that he would have to sell him the loader without a bucket. Doesn't JD sell universal SS buckets? I suggested that he should be able to trade his standard bucket for the SS style AG bucket.

I don''t know how much help he will get from the dealer, but I have pallet forks, a rock bucket-grapple, a bale spear, two buckets, and other attachments for my loader. I could loan him those if he has the skid-steer plate, but not the JD plate. Of course, he can buy a JD to SS adapter for around $900, but that's a pretty severe penalty.

I'm wondering if any of you JD owners have purchased a JD loader with SS adapter and what the difference in prices are for that setup vs the JD. His bucket now is a 5' bucket and his 305 loader has a capacity around 1200 lb.

Can anyone help? I'd sure appreciate some advice to pass on.

Jim,
I think BlueRiver had a thread last year about him manufacturing SS adapters for JD FEL.