Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,961  
Another federal limit is this:

For civilian possession, all machineguns must have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986 to be transferable between citizens.

Why SHOULDN'T a qualified citizen be allowed to own a machinegun?

If you have joe average 'good' citizen, and he is legal to own a pistol, rifle and shotgun, what makes him bad an inherently dangerous and unfit based on how many projectiles leave his weapon on a single triggerpull??

Do you know how FEW crimes have been commited with legally owned and registered NFA firearms? And once you look up those quite rare and singular few instances... take notice that one of them was done by a law enforcement officer. :)

If YOU don't feel comfortable owning one of them.. that's fine.. but why limit someone who DOES want to own one, and is otherwise qualified?

Right on brother!!!......I'm with you on this one.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,962  
I have no problem with people owning AR-15s. And neither does current laws in most states. My point is where is the line drawn on weapons the public may own.

There should be no line.....no stinking tax stamps or any other restrictions on LEGAL citizens that want to own them. Why should it be? Right now the only people that have this firepower are the fed and state gubments, the cops and the criminals......along with the EPA enforcement agents, IRS agents, ABC agents and the local dog catcher. Somehow that doesn't seem just right to me. What part of uninfringeable clause do you not understand?

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,963  
I was in one of the local Walmarts the other day and overheard the gun counter clerk telling someone that there was no .22 and that they had 5 people there every morning at 7am to buy what they got in.... so I guess the re-sellers are still at it around here.

I haven't noticed if there is a shortage of .380, seems to be plenty of all the other calibers, will have to pay more attention next time I am in a sporting goods store.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,964  
Wal Mart could get rid of the 22 reseller vultures in a heartbeat by just raising prices to about $60 per brick. They would stop buying instantly and the cartridges would remain on the shelves. Then slowly start lowering the prices. Problem solved in about a month. Vultures out of business, normal cartridge stocks back on the shelf prices near normal panic subsided in the national pulse. Rationing is not working as the vultures just get their wives, sons, daughters, grandma, the dog, etc to buy them.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,965  
Wal Mart could get rid of the 22 reseller vultures in a heartbeat by just raising prices to about $60 per brick. They would stop buying instantly and the cartridges would remain on the shelves. Then slowly start lowering the prices. Problem solved in about a month. Vultures out of business, normal cartridge stocks back on the shelf prices near normal panic subsided in the national pulse. Rationing is not working as the vultures just get their wives, sons, daughters, grandma, the dog, etc to buy them.
That's exactly right. When our sole Wally World started their 1 box limit, the next day there were about twice as many people waiting in line and according to the lady at the counter, from the way they were all talking and joking, they all knew each other.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,966  
Walmart here is out and they posted a sign No ammo sales before 7:30

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,967  
There should be no line.....no stinking tax stamps or any other restrictions on LEGAL citizens that want to own them. Why should it be? Right now the only people that have this firepower are the fed and state gubments, the cops and the criminals......along with the EPA enforcement agents, IRS agents, ABC agents and the local dog catcher. Somehow that doesn't seem just right to me. What part of uninfringeable clause do you not understand?

Your statement is completely untrue. Many civilians legally own AR-15s.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,968  
Walmart here is out and they posted a sign No ammo sales before 7:30

None of these schemes will work. The vultures will just be there at 7:31
What will work is for Wal-Mart to raise its prices drastically. This will solve the problem.. No profit to be made, NO vultures buying up the stock. Stock will set on the shelves and build, If some ID 10 T's buy it at that price, let them. It is their money and their choice. Wal- Mart can pocket the extra profit in this interim period. Good for them. As stocks build, they can slowly lower their prices. People will see that stock is available, they can be-itch all they want about the price, buy 'em or not. It is up to the consumer. But the stock will be on the shelves for sale. The panic will be over. The hoarders will stop hoarding because they cannot afford it. The whole panic will defuse, cool down, and go away. Let capitalism work.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,969  

What he meant was why cannot we own machine guns manufactured after 1986? Why was this amendment tacked onto the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986? Well the reason is because some lawmakers think that owning machine guns is evil. So they tacked on this amendment, to drive up the price of machine guns to the point that it keeps most people from owning them. As the supply of machine guns is not increasing, and the demand for them is. So the prices are sky high. $20,000 is a common price for many of them now, or even more. All because someone has decided that owning them is evil, and we want to discourage this ownership. Why? Why do we as a society want to do that? There is no good reason.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,970  

What he meant was why cannot we own machine guns manufactured after 1986? Why was this amendment tacked onto the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986? Well the reason is because some lawmakers think that owning machine guns is evil. So they tacked on this amendment, to drive up the price of machine guns to the point that it keeps most people from owning them. As the supply of machine guns is not increasing, and the demand for them is. So the prices are sky high. $20,000 is a common price for many of them now, or even more. All because someone has decided that owning them is evil, and we want to discourage this ownership. Why? Why do we as a society want to do that? There is no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.