New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show
From what the rep said they are going to use up the engines they have then start switching to the new engine in June. It didn't sound like an immediate switch over on all models but a phase in.

Is any other manufacturer using common rail injected engines yet?

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #12  
I doubt I'll be trading in my Shibaura motored LS on a new to the market LS motor. It may become a great motor but Shibaura and Mitsubishi motors have been around for a while.

With you on this point ... also, one of the benefits of the Shibaura on my XU5065 is that it doesn't use a DPF or DEF. Adding either could (if I understand correctly) slightly increase HP at the expense of additional maintenance time and costs? Suppose the upside for current owners could be increased resale value for the Shibaura-engined units sold prior to the transition?

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #13  
Well I had my mind made up on buying a 2014 XR4046. But if they're switching over to a different motor after just one year of using shibuara motors I'm kinda afraid to buy a 2014. Seems like parts might be hard to come by for a motor they only used one year.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #14  
I asked a buddy of mine who's headed to the Louisville show tomorrow to try and get more info on this.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #15  
Seems like parts might be hard to come by for a motor they only used one year.

Not an expert, but two thoughts: 1) this may be more of a business/profit motivated decision than one of poor performance/longevity, 2) Shibaura engines are used in other brands' tractors, lawn mowers, etc. and long-term parts supply could actually be similar to or better than one built exclusively by/for LS. It could be the opposite of this but, as an owner, optimistic I'm right and also that the new engines perform well too so LS maintains their good reputation.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #16  
Somebody please ask a factory rep when LS is going to start putting loaders with competitive lift height on them....plenty of power, but not enough lift height (one of the reasons I sold mine).

My guess is that the new engine will be based on a partnership with an established engine company rather than something they came up with all by themselves.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #17  
Somebody please ask a factory rep when LS is going to start putting loaders with competitive lift height on them....plenty of power, but not enough lift height (one of the reasons I sold mine).

I will add to my list of questions to ask when they are in town the end of the month.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show

My guess is that the new engine will be based on a partnership with an established engine company rather than something they came up with all by themselves.

This is why I would like to see the specs on the new tractor and loader. It looks exactly the same as the 3037 but it has a different loader.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #19  
GManBart, what model LS did you have and sell?