any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #11  
From last month, with R1 tires and a load of dead wood.

P3230012.JPG

P3240007.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #12  
This month I added a tractor canopy that I found on craigslist.

P4070005.JPG

P4070006.JPG

P4070007.JPG

P4070011.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #13  
Nice rig!! I was thinking about you today. I was driving by the local golf course and saw a 580D that they took out of service and it has been sitting outside their maintenance shop for several years now. It's 4x4 w/o the side decks and it's a monster! I have no idea what might be wrong with it but every time I see it I think it would make a nice loader and snow pusher! Maybe, I could one-up you and make a telehandler out of it :laughing: . I know the grounds keeper and the course owner and I was thinking I'd better get off my tail and ask one of them about it soon or I'm afraid it will get hauled off for scrap eventually.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #14  
When did they quit making groundmasters?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #15  
Nice rig!! I was thinking about you today. I was driving by the local golf course and saw a 580D that they took out of service and it has been sitting outside their maintenance shop for several years now. It's 4x4 w/o the side decks and it's a monster! I have no idea what might be wrong with it but every time I see it I think it would make a nice loader and snow pusher! Maybe, I could one-up you and make a telehandler out of it :laughing: . I know the grounds keeper and the course owner and I was thinking I'd better get off my tail and ask one of them about it soon or I'm afraid it will get hauled off for scrap eventually.

Go for it! A 580D with a telescoping boom would be awesome. :thumbsup: There are a lot of traction units and parts available on eBay.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #16  
When did they quit making groundmasters?

They still make Groundsmasters, the GM360 is the latest.

download.jpg

And with a cab.
download (2).jpg

The 3xx series like I have has been discontinued, but replaced with the 3xxx series.

Here is a 3280D.
Groundsmaster-3280-D-3320GM3280_30344.jpg

Last edited:
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #17  
I was told by a dealer just a couple of days ago that Toro did not make any front decks anymore. The mid decks may be called Groundmasters but they are not the same. I have a front deck and would not want a mid deck. The Groundmaster always looked like a great machine to me but mine was only half the price and was a ZTR.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #18  
I was told by a dealer just a couple of days ago that Toro did not make any front decks anymore. The mid decks may be called Groundmasters but they are not the same. I have a front deck and would not want a mid deck. The Groundmaster always looked like a great machine to me but mine was only half the price and was a ZTR.

First thing there is a s in the middle. When searching on eBay you have to spell it four ways, groundsmaster, groundmaster, grounds master and ground master.

I just looked at their Website and all the front deck mowers are the large multi deck models. This may be the smallest one, the three wheel drive, three deck 3500.

Groundsmaster-3500-Dcm1950_gm3500_30839_32.jpg

I can't afford the new ones anyway, so my 2004 328D should last me the rest of my life. 👍

My put together loader is 25 years old and I used it this week to move the 8' diameter bale ring.

P4160005.JPG

Last edited:
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #19  
Thanks, yep, very happy with the way they work and the power of the diesel engine. Only using one for mowing now, the first one has the loader on it, so that leaves two parts machines

Several years ago I read about the 88" Triflex rear discharge deck, it has two fold up wings. It was made from 1988 to 1994. I finally found one last October and put it on the 4WD unit.
View attachment 357334 View attachment 357335 View attachment 357336 View attachment 357337 View attachment 357338
This is the 88" Triflex deck posted above.
PB010012.JPG

I needed a smaller deck for making and mowing trails to ride horses on, TORO didn't make one smaller than 72", so I removed the two wing decks, that left a 54", 3 spindle deck just a little wider than the wheels, perfect for the trails.

P4260017.JPG

P4260020.JPG

P4260022.JPG

P4260023.JPG

P4260024.JPG

Last edited:
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #20  
Looks like a fun machine and great for your usage!

Hard to see the machine in that dirt! Looks a little dry.