Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,021  
I am going to add towing mirrors here pretty quick, leveling kit, 20 inch wheels, 33 inch Toyo open countries,

Is there any advantage to adding larger wheels? I understand that they look nice, but do they help with ride, mileage, or anything?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,022  
Is there any advantage to adding larger wheels? I understand that they look nice, but do they help with ride, mileage, or anything?
Some what, they seem to me, personally, to be little better when towing. Not as much sway tire wise. Ride is personal preference I think. Little more firm. Mileage, not really. The main reason with going with the twenty inch wheels, friend of mine had a set to fit this truck like I wanted and I swapped work for them. The tires will help hold the rig up in pastures and hayfields. They will be 12.50 inches wide. The rims are 9 inches wide I believe. I would have probly stayed with the factory 17 inch if not for that, and swapped rims later on. I know twenty inch tire is more expensive . That I don't like! LUTT

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,023  
With the leveling kit, does that raise the front end up to be level with the rear? If that's a the case, does the truck squat when heavily loaded? I thought the reason the back end was higher was
Because when they are loaded the truck is then level?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,024  
Some what, they seem to me, personally, to be little better when towing. Not as much sway tire wise. Ride is personal preference I think. Little more firm. Mileage, not really. The main reason with going with the twenty inch wheels, friend of mine had a set to fit this truck like I wanted and I swapped work for them. The tires will help hold the rig up in pastures and hayfields. They will be 12.50 inches wide. The rims are 9 inches wide I believe. I would have probly stayed with the factory 17 inch if not for that, and swapped rims later on. I know twenty inch tire is more expensive . That I don't like! LUTT

Just curious as to the final drive (differential) ratio and whether taller tires will create an issue there?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,025  

Just curious as to the final drive (differential) ratio and whether taller tires will create an issue there?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,026  
With the leveling kit, does that raise the front end up to be level with the rear? If that's a the case, does the truck squat when heavily loaded? I thought the reason the back end was higher was Because when they are loaded the truck is then level?

Yes that is the intent for the rake in trucks. I do not like the level look on a truck that's not hauling. But to each there own. Some guys level then do air bags too so it's level no matter what.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,027  
Yes that is the intent for the rake in trucks. I do not like the level look on a truck that's not hauling. But to each there own. Some guys level then do air bags too so it's level no matter what.

That's why I don't plan on leveling my new F150. My Tacoma was always nose up when towing/hauling until I had to rebuild the rear springs, and had them done such that I had some lift in the rear before replacing the bumper or loading the bed.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,028  
Nice setup. I wish Mitsubishi offered those diesels here. What typical mpg, L/100km do you get Marcus ?

With some thought to economy (like keeping the speed limits) I can get it down to 10.9 l / 100km. Normally i get 12. Towing the trailer 14-16 depending on towed weight.

I have no idea what that means in mpg, two conversions and an inversion is just too much... :)

/ Marcus

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,029  
With some thought to economy (like keeping the speed limits) I can get it down to 10.9 l / 100km. Normally i get 12. Towing the trailer 14-16 depending on towed weight.

I have no idea what that means in mpg, two conversions and an inversion is just too much... :)

/ Marcus

You guys do Liters / 100 KM? Man that's a weird set of units. :p

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,030  

/ Marcus

That's almost 22mpg US - nice !

Rgds, D.