Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #41  
I give the poster credit for being honest. He (I assume a he) very clearly stated that he had no experience, knowledge with regards to tractors, including sounds like lack of mechanical ability. Seems to me like a communication issue. I struggle with understanding why a dealer would knowingly sell a machine to someone knowing it will not meet owner's expectations from day one. That is a train wreck waiting to happen. Seems like the discussion may not have happened? Or if it did the two parties may not have been listening to each other. In the end a good example of what can happen when someone lacking the knowledge, skills and abilities to own and operate one of these machines locks horns with a new machine. Thankfully he's not hurt himself

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #43  
I am very happy with my e-max 25. Has done everything I wanted and expected from a very small tractor, you just need to know it's limitations. I have all 48" implements as I wanted to be able to groom in and around my 12 acres of pines. Today while clearing some brush with a ratchet rake, the engine exhaust note became loud. Shut her down and found the exhaust pipe broken between the manifold and the muffler. Hmmm, just had her in for a recall on the fuel tank bib, wonder if the mechanic might have leaned on/or against the muffler while working on the fuel tank. Regardless she is headed back to the dealer next week for repair under warranty. Stinks because I was really having a good time pulling brush out.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #44  
Love my MAX 25 HST purchased in 2012.

Erickson Max 25.jpg

Only 157 hrs on it, but this machine has completely transformed 2 acres of pine and hardwood forst into a fine suburban retreat. I've also done volunteer work for our HOA mowing easements and moving some dirt around at the community park. I use 4' implements, (Mahindra cutter and Armstrong box blade), and you just can't stop it. Moved a lot of dirt, mulch, rock and general yard stuff all over the place. Such a back saver for what used to require a shovel. Some of the most fun I've had was pulling bigger JDs and Kubotas out of the mud while they were grading new home lots down the street. None of them had FELs, just box blades. They likely could have pushed out with a loader, but it was satisfying helping them out and seeing that this mighty Max could pull them out like they were small trailers on a flat road. I still have over a year left on the warranty as well, and the dealer here is top notch. I think having a great dealer is crucial to your tractor experience regardless of the brand.

The MAX 25s are very comfortable machines for their size as well. I have recently purchased a Mahindra 2538 for use on a larger tract of land and will soon be sending this Max and its implements to a new home, so if anyone in the Texas area needs a low hour, strong SCUT that can get it done, just send me a PM.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #45  
   / Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #46  
   / Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #47  
Although my eMax 22 is small we wanted something highly maneuverable to work in and around our barn. Case in point, one of our old llamas was found dead, in the middle of the barn. We could have grunted and groaned him out to where he could be picked up (done that, don't want to do it again!), but with bucket forks on the FEL and the ROPS folded down I was able to get right in the barn, even with some sharp turns, and pick up this 250 lb. animal with the forks and take him out for his final disposition. Quick work on the coldest night of the season.

Lots of the advice on the buying forum is to buy big, buy big. Sometimes that is not good advice in an individual situation. Small and mighty is often best.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #48  

Lots of the advice on the buying forum is to buy big, buy big. Sometimes that is not good advice in an individual situation. Small and mighty is often best.

Exactly why i went no larger than our Max28.
If I had to keep just one of the fleet, the L39 would be the keeper, but small is certaily a back saver

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #49  
I am certainly happy with my emax 25. I bought smaller imps to make it easier on both me and my tractor. I have read this entire thread. I did my homework before I purchased. I have a small place and I wanted a small enough tractor to get under my trees and turn around in my yard if I decided to bring it inside the fence. I coudlnt beat the price. I can also say that the dealer can make all the difference in a sale and an education about what you are buying. I bought mine from Daves Tractor. My wife tried to get it from another dealer but they hardly gave her the time of day because she was a woman. She had 18k in her purse and the wrong dealer decided his friend picking up a repaired imp was more important than who woman who said she had cash in hand to buy a tractor today. Daves place was farther away but way nicer and more considerate to our needs. They made all the difference. So far I put tonka stickers on it. They look like they belong and I treat it like my favorite toy. That lil guy is a hardworking piece of equipment. But as we have seen people need to get an education about what they are buying. As I have gotten to know my 25 I have gotten better performance by experimenting safely and slowly to see what it can do safely. The only isue I have had is the first time ive used the cruise control something happened to cause it to creep foward all the time. The park brake wont stop it though if I push the brake with my foot it will. Glad to hear it was possibly an easy adjustment. I did have a couple lil things get loose. Im a master technician,now retired and I have ALOT of tools so no problem there. I am disabled so I love the HST. It was the idea of my sales rep. I had never thought of that. I love the 4 wheel drive. It saved me from getting stuck twice.It was user inexperience, not the tractor. Ive seen comparison videos and I must say they go both ways depending on whos making it. Apples to oranges in most of them but they paly on peoples laziness most of the time. I know how to work and Honestly the difference in price made me realize that I will get off and hook up that 3 point to save 10 grand on the price. I dont care about resale value,Im keeping it til I die. Im a hobbie farmer now and its just big enough to make things extremely easy for me. So there you have it.I learned ,I planned,I executed,Iam successful and happy. Thanks guys for your input . I learned alot reading this thread.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #50  
FYI you can get a harbor freight quick hitch for $100. Probably the best money I've spent on implements. Takes me less than a minute to switch between the carry all and the box blade all from the seat of the tractor.