Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,951  
My Grandpa was in the 4th, back in WWII. He was a great man.

I wondered how many people would recognize the patch.
I made a lot of good friends in the Army. A lot of good people.
Would not have missed it for a million bucks.
Would not do it again for a million bucks. But I am starting to rethink that last part. If fact I think I would give a million bucks to be physically able to do it again.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,952  
I wondered how many people would recognize the patch.
I made a lot of good friends in the Army. A lot of good people.
Would not have missed it for a million bucks.
Would not do it again for a million bucks. But I am starting to rethink that last part. If fact I think I would give a million bucks to be physically able to do it again.

Thank you for your service. Have you been out for a while?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,953  
'74-'78 Infantry.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,954  
Yep, at first, decision making about money and the price of parts hampered progress. Then I bought a salvage engine for the cam and it had a bad cam too. No one makes aftermarket cams for year models 2003-2005. I finally found a guy to sell me a discount GM camshaft but they were backordered. He put me on the "first in line" list but it still took 5 months to get it...
Seems like more and more manufacturers are not keeping older inventory like they used to do. I love the TV show.................Junkyard Empire
Y'all might find this article, about a mechanic, interesting. Seems their are more out there like me.
https://www.clarkcollegefoundation.org/captain/
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,955  
HAPPY NEW YEAR to Y'all Texans:us-texas: and those that wanna be;) Texans!
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,957  
Thank you for your service. Have you been out for a while?

Yes, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in high school and A&P School in the years you were serving.
1975 or so they did away with the draft and lots of class mates were relieved. In my mid 20s, I wanted to enlist in the Army to be a WOC and fly choppers. I gained more sense since then. lol
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,958  
Yes, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in high school and A&P School in the years you were serving. 1975 or so they did away with the draft and lots of class mates were relieved. In my mid 20s, I wanted to enlist in the Army to be a WOC and fly choppers. I gained more sense since then. lol hugs, Brandi

Brandi;

You should have done it. The military experience, training, etc. would have been more valuable than you will ever believe, not to mention GI Bill Education support. GI Bill and my post USAF employer paid 100% for my University of Houston Education. I did 4 years active and another 3 years with Texas Air National Guard, 147th Fighters at Ellington.

OH! Did I mention that the Cougars won the Peach Bowl yesterday? :)

image-1464158408.jpg

Rick
USAF 1967-1974

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,959  
Rick,
I was already in aviation with an A&P license. I would have had to jump though too many hoops too enlist and work up to being a WOC, with no garantees of becoming a WOC. Also I would have been away for my kids for too long.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi;

You should have done it. The military experience, training, etc. would have been more valuable than you will ever believe, not to mention GI Bill Education support. GI Bill and my post USAF employer paid 100% for my University of Houston Education. I did 4 years active and another 3 years with Texas Air National Guard, 147th Fighters at Ellington.

OH! Did I mention that the Cougars won the Peach Bowl yesterday? :)

View attachment 452316

Rick
USAF 1967-1974

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,960  
I'm waiting for someone to ask what's a WOC.
hugs, Brandi