KUBOTA GR2120 Problems

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #1  

JERRYTOY

Tractor
Kubota GR2120
Had a GR2100 for 7 years and the last 3 years was about $1000 to fix. By 500 hours felt could no longer afford it, pto clutch, GLide Steer cables on 3 occasions, etc... Was lead to believe the GR2120 was "new and improved. Traded in GR2100, got new GR2120-5 hours on it and in shop twice already. Parking brake did not work from git go and now I see the mower deck will not stay up-wondering if I should have bought a green mower that said John Deere on it??? What are other GR2120 owners running into??

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #2  
The only issue I've had in 60 hours or so is a mis-routed headlight cable that contacted the muffler and melted. Fixed myself with a couple of marine-grade splices.

Not crazy about the mulch kit, but that isn't really a failure. More of a design issue.

Z.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #3  
I am almost at 40 hours and 1 year on mine now. Mowing and snowblowing. Nothing but good things to say, never seen shop. Philip.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #4  
While not the same model, my G2160-60 took awhile for the deck to keep from dropping over a short period of time because it was a single acting cylinder and there was no way to bleed the air out of it, after the air got out it would take overnight to drop down. Hydraulics are hard to get 100% leak free and will drift.

David Kb7uns

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #5  
While not the same model, my G2160-60 took awhile for the deck to keep from dropping over a short period of time because it was a single acting cylinder and there was no way to bleed the air out of it, after the air got out it would take overnight to drop down. Hydraulics are hard to get 100% leak free and will drift.

David Kb7uns

Owning a 2013 year model GR2120 since June 2013. 48" mowing deck. 50 hours on it and no problem or issue. Good mower on slopes. Great to pull 600-800 pounds trailer on uneven but dry ground, even in steep slopes. Easy to service (so far). Sturdy and well built machine in my opinion. Yep.

Raber.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #6  
Had a GR2100 for 7 years and the last 3 years was about $1000 to fix. By 500 hours felt could no longer afford it, pto clutch, GLide Steer cables on 3 occasions, etc... Was lead to believe the GR2120 was "new and improved. Traded in GR2100, got new GR2120-5 hours on it and in shop twice already. Parking brake did not work from git go and now I see the mower deck will not stay up-wondering if I should have bought a green mower that said John Deere on it??? What are other GR2120 owners running into??

Well, I bought a brand new GR2120 in June 2013 and it actually has some 60 hours on it, mowing and pulling a cart loaded with some 800 pounds of dirt or furnace wood, depending. Not a single issue as yet. 4WD provides excellent traction. Low fuel consumption. Comfortable, relatively lightweight reduces soil compaction. Relatively easy to service. Nothing to complain about.
Beware though: this is not a compact tractor and you should not expect the sturdiness of a BX class machine.
Just wish you the best of luck for these problems to come to an end.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #7  
my gr2120 is in the shop right now because the parking brake wouldn't lock. Only 50 hours on it. The problem is under warranty but very disheartening.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #8  
my gr2120 is in the shop right now because the parking brake wouldn't lock. Only 50 hours on it. The problem is under warranty but very disheartening.

Well, this should not be to complicated to fix. Mine is now 100 hours and everything's fine. I don't use it during winter and will complete regular maintenance at spring time when the weather gets warmer. Good luck.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #9  
The dealer said that GRs have brakes that are a little "finicky" in that the teeth from the parking brake and the travel pedal sometimes do not mesh perfectly if the travel pedal is not in exactly a neutral position. He showed me exactly what he was referring to, but it sounds like the two gears were slightly misaligned. In any case, I'll make sure the travel pedal is in a neutral position (as much as possible ) when I put the brake on and we'll see how it goes.

/ KUBOTA GR2120 Problems #10  
The dealer said that GRs have brakes that are a little "finicky" in that the teeth from the parking brake and the travel pedal sometimes do not mesh perfectly if the travel pedal is not in exactly a neutral position. He showed me exactly what he was referring to, but it sounds like the two gears were slightly misaligned. In any case, I'll make sure the travel pedal is in a neutral position (as much as possible ) when I put the brake on and we'll see how it goes.

Then, things should be fine. Take care !