2010 m7040HDC-1

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1
I'm predicting that you'll really enjoy working with it. Mine has been great.

Can't wait to put it to work. It is really set up well. Gonna take some time and practice attaching the bucket to the quick detach but happy I have it. Image1465214946.573770.jpg

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1 #12  
The M Series are very easy to attach/detach stuff to the FEL, we use bucket, pallet forks, grapple and tree puller. The whole loaders comes off easily too. I really like them; believe you will too.

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1 #13  
Can't wait to put it to work. It is really set up well. Gonna take some time and practice attaching the bucket to the quick detach but happy I have it.View attachment 471092

The QA is a bit hard to see from the seat for sure. Just make sure the angle of the QA plates match the rear bucket angle, or a little bit more. Then inch forward as the FEL is slowly lifted.

Line up by looking at the center of the bucket. You'll get it.

As TripleR implies, you'll soon be looking for things to attach to the front...especially if you have hydraulics up there. I don't but don't really need a grapple.

Mine are: forks, fork frame with weights, boom, flat plates for straightening wood piles and adding to an implement to make it usable on the front end, log carrier. Here are some that I photographed (click for larger image):

ForkFrame.JPGM7040 forks.jpgFEL_QA_Boom_02.JPGLogCarrier_04.JPG

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1
Thanks for the pics of attachments. Did you home fabricate any of your your GW? I've got three remotes so I'm good to go on that front. Any specific recommendations for a root grapple?

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1 #15  
Thanks for the pics of attachments. Did you home fabricate any of your your GW? I've got three remotes so I'm good to go on that front. Any specific recommendations for a root grapple?

The weight carrier for the front and the log carrier were homemade with forklift frames bought at Ritchie Bros. Auction.

The log grapple on the front of the carrier is for small trees. I also have a momma size and a papa size grapple. It makes the tractor look like a narwhal but it sure make bucking into firewood easy. Just set the FEL so the log is at waist level and zip, zip, zip....

The bigger trees have to be cut into 20' lengths and a substantial counterweight is needed on the back:

Equip_Inventory_2011_01.jpg

No recommendations for a root grapple. My L48 TLB takes care of roots and stumps in the orchards.

/ 2010 m7040HDC-1 #16  
   / 2010 m7040HDC-1