Rotary Cutter Bush hog crazy wheel....

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #11  
I would probably make one cut at a less extreme angle (20 degrees?), then flip the cut pieces around front for back (so it goes back together at an angle rather than straight) and weld that together.
Only one cut/weld vs two that way.

Aaron Z

Oh, sure, come up with an easier way to do it.:D

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #12  
I've even got a diagram :D:
BushHogWheel.png
The diagram uses a 15 degree cut for a overall angle of 30 degrees once you flip the cut piece around.

Aaron Z

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #17  
Visio makes it easy (5 mins?)...

Aaron Z

Spent many an hour making network diagrams with Visio. All in the past now..

"Hi my name is James, so how much do you know about Medicare"?:D

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #18  
Here is a picture of one with the correct angle (the pivot for the wheel swivel is marked with a red line in both pictures):
View attachment 472315
Note that the line is off center on the wheel. That way it will swing around to follow the tractor's direction of travel.

Here is the line drawn through the same place on your mower.
View attachment 472314
Note that the line goes through the center of the wheel. That makes it so that it does not naturally pivot to follow the direction of the tractor.

Aaron Z

While I completely agree with the wheel axle point needing to be behind the swivel point, I disagree that the swivel point should be true vertical. Mine, and meny others have a few degrees of tilt, to allow the tail wheel to slightly lift the rear of the mower deck when in reverse, and ride closer to the ground going forward.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #19  
While I completely agree with the wheel axle point needing to be behind the swivel point, I disagree that the swivel point should be true vertical. Mine, and meny others have a few degrees of tilt, to allow the tail wheel to slightly lift the rear of the mower deck when in reverse, and ride closer to the ground going forward.
I agree, the one on my rough cutter is not vertical either. Note that I did not say that it has to be vertical, just that it needs to be off center on the wheel.

Aaron Z

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #20  
Aaron, I think we are on the same page, didn't mean to single you out, exactly, more using the pictures you posted for example reasons. Apologies to you if nessasary.