How long does your truck last ?

/ How long does your truck last ? #11  
I have never had a long commute or driven a lot when I was farming. I have bought 3 new trucks since November 1982 and run them until the bodies/frames gave up due to salt/CaCl rot. Current truck is a 2004 GMC Sierra with 70,000 mi.

/ How long does your truck last ? #12  
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with 191,000 on it. I'm trying to stretch it to 250,000. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

/ How long does your truck last ? #13  
Truck longevity and maintenance sorta compliment each other.

/ How long does your truck last ? #14  
5-6 years mostly depends on how much winter road salt dump.

/ How long does your truck last ? #15  
I'm driving an '07 Tundra, bought new in July of '07, with 127,000 on the clock. An awful lot of that mileage was put on during winters, driving to the western mountains and the far north of Maine, snowmobiling (a lot of salt, calcium, brine treated roads) . When I'd return, I'd run it through the local "no touch" car wash with a bottom blast function. There is no discernible rust on any body panels and only minor on the frame, mostly on welds. Maintenance wise, oil/filter changes, tires, a rear axle bearing assembly, spark plugs at 100,00, and a water pump; uses no oil between services(7500 miles) and runs as new. I'm hoping to get another 9 years and 100,000+ miles out of it

/ How long does your truck last ? #16  
My dad had an 84 F250 4x4 diesel with 115,000 miles that finally got retired in 2012 because the bed rusted out, no A/C, and the front hubs were trashed. The engine ran fine, even though we had to change the fuel pump every few years. Mostly farm miles.

An 03 F350 with a 6.0 diesel went to about 200k miles before it was hard to start in the winter. That truck was in the shop for about 6 months during its lifespan due to injector problems.

02 Excursion 7.3l diesel with 300k miles and a new transmission at 170k miles. At 300k the engine started running rough and the transmission wouldn't shift reliably. Lots of city miles with payload on this one.

I had an 02 ford explorer sport Trac that went to 293k miles In 2011. Engine was fine, interior was falling apart and the rear doors only opened from the. If the truck was 4wd, I'd still have it. I see it riding around, and I hope can catch the guy at the store to ask how many miles it has on it now.

/ How long does your truck last ? #18  
I have a 12 ram 2500 with 150k on the clock and runs great. I change the oil with full synthetic and change the air filter every other oil change. I'm planning on running it for atleast another year since these new truck prices about make me sick looking at a new diesel!

/ How long does your truck last ? #19  
Use and maintenance are really what makes a truck last or not last.
I have a 98 Ram with the 5.9 diesel, bought it new. Has 120,000 miles on it, looks and runs like a brand new truck. It's always in the garage when not in use and I always spray it off after I go sledding. (it's usually covered with salt) I do all my own maintenance on a regular basis.
Grand Am GT 001.jpg

/ How long does your truck last ? #20  
Getting junky at 8-10 years as the tail gate will be rusted through plus the the cab corners and rockers will be getting rotten. By 10-12 years the cab corners and rockers are rusted through. Everything is salt damaged from brakes, fuel lines , brake lines and electrical grounding gremlins are appearing.
If the vehicle is faithfully washed and oiled add 2-5 years of extended life.