DL100 SSQA conversion

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #1  

piercedtiger

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Massey Ferguson GC2600 DL100
I just found this auction on eBay. Almost Gone!! QUICK ATTACH CONVERSION FOR TRACTOR FRONT END LOADER. Free Ship | eBay After emailing back and forth with them I found the adapter will fit my GC2600 DL100 loader. They have the diagram for the pins that I got from another company that makes an OEM adapter for this loader, and the 3/4 pin size used on the DL100. All for $300 less than Everything Attachments. Still weighs 125lbs, but thanks to another thread on here I bumped lift capacity up 300 lbs over factory if the numbers are right.

Combine this with SSQA plates for $75 on eBay as well and I'll be switching completely to that. Custom light material bucket being built, factory bucket converted over, soon I'll add a HF quick hitch on a plate to move 3ph implements around. Or use my boom lift to reach new heights!

s-l1600.jpg

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #2  
Looks similar to my work saver unit, mine was $600 and worth every penny. My bucket came from everything attachments and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the whole ssqa setup on my DL95.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion
Looks similar to my work saver unit, mine was $600 and worth every penny. My bucket came from everything attachments and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the whole ssqa setup on my DL95.

Awesome. I saw the worksaver, and emailed both the company and one of their dealers to see if it would fit the DL100. That was 2 days ago and I haven't heard back from either. Neither had a price listed either, so it's good to know I'm saving a bit on this one.

I'm getting a bucket custom built by Snow pushers, Ag and Industrial Attachments - ZM Industries which is what prompted me to do the conversion. What bucket do you have?

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #4  
Better keep an eye on your front axle, tires and end drives with that much extra weight lifts.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion
Better keep an eye on your front axle, tires and end drives with that much extra weight lifts.

I will. I have a ballast box and loaded rear tires. Looking into wheel weights too. I'm curious if the 1700 series have beefier axles though since they came with either the DL100 or newer DL95 loader. The DL95 has 200lbs extra lift capacity over the DL100. If both series of tractors have the same front axle, frame, tires, etc it won't be a problem.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #6  
A ballast box with 225lbs, loaded tires and you on the seat should be enough , work's for me.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #7  
You can't get 300 lbs more lift with increasing the hydraulic system. The pressure is the easy part, just close off the pressure valve more, which up's the pressure. Then you become flow challenged with hydraulic fluid, the loader speed will be slow. There is no free lunch with fluid systems, it's give and take. Hydraulics are about proper sizing between pumps , fittings​, lines, cylindars, etc.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #8  
I will. I have a ballast box and loaded rear tires. Looking into wheel weights too. I'm curious if the 1700 series have beefier axles though since they came with either the DL100 or newer DL95 loader. The DL95 has 200lbs extra lift capacity over the DL100. If both series of tractors have the same front axle, frame, tires, etc it won't be a problem.

Nope, the front axle is the same with the newer DL95 loader.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion #9  
Loaded tires and wheel weights provide extra traction and possibly more tractor stability, but do nothing for taking any of the load off the front axle. A backhoe or a ballot box or any heavy 3-point hitch implement is what takes weight off of the front axle.

/ DL100 SSQA conversion
A ballast box with 225lbs, loaded tires and you on the seat should be enough , work's for me.

Good to know. I have a 500lb tiller I use as ballast, as well as a box I can load up for weight.

Nope, the front axle is the same with the newer DL95 loader.

I figured as much. The tractors look identical to me, with just some minor differences like some of the controls.

Loaded tires and wheel weights provide extra traction and possibly more tractor stability, but do nothing for taking any of the load off the front axle. A backhoe or a ballot box or any heavy 3-point hitch implement is what takes weight off of the front axle.

Forgive me, but how does putting *any* kind of weight on the back end *not* help unload the front? I know from personal experience I could lift the rear off the ground without much trouble when I first got the tractor and was learning how to use it. It hasn't happened since I loaded 160 lbs into the tires and put a 60lb quick hitch on. Surely you're not saying that lowly little QH was enough to balance the tractor? hahahaha

Everything I've read states loading the tires and/or using wheel weights is the *best* option (at least to start out until you need more weight) as it keeps the weight as low as possible for greater stability (lower center of gravity) while unloading the front. Unlike a BH sticking up 5-6ft into the air. (I've watched people rotate the hoe up hill to keep the tractor from tipping on a slope. Funny enough, I don't have that problem.) They also take the weight off the rear axle/bearings/etc unlike a BH or other implement.