What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #1  

millsan1

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538 Cab, Volvo ECR40D Excavator
Besides my 2538, I also own a Kubota BX.

There is a pretty active and intersting thread on a Kubota specific forum with the same title as this (replace Mahindra with Kubota, of course).

Usually some fun stuff in there.

So I thought to start this thread, hoping it will be as productive and useful.

Here we go:

Over the weekend I needed to work on my mini excavator. The cab tilts up, to get at certain maintenance items. Last year, while lifting the cab with prybar and wood blocks, I managed to drop the cab on my finger, resulting in a trip to the ER.

This weekend, I used the forks on my 2538 to tilt the cab up. Much better. Blocked the cab in the up position and did the work I needed to.

Then used the mini ex to dig out a stump.

Used the forks to pick up the stump and drop it off the back side of the property.

Used the FEL and blade on the 2538 to smooth and regrade the area where the stump was to widen the driveway a bit.

Used the FEL and blade to grade an area at the bottom of the property where I am putting in a food plot for deer this year. My property is very wooded and abuts a corn field, so a traditional feeder doesn't give the deer any incentive to come visit. I am hoping a small plot of clover and turnips will entice them. Probably also going to put in a small watering hole as well.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #2  
I'm building a lean-to structure to park under. I've got it framed and 3 out of 10 panels of corrugated steel up...and then the wind kicked up and I haven't been able to finish yet.

This will get the 1526 out of the garage, and me having to raise/lower the ROPS/sunshade every time I use it.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #3  
I looked out the window and saw that it looked OK and was dry since it's raining out.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #4  
Saturday I took it down the road to my local sportsman's club. Used it for general clean up an moving over 60 yards of wood chips to cover the range. I never stopped moving for over 4 hrs.

Today I took it out the barn so I could get my Model A out, and then I put it back in the barn.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Saturday I took it down the road to my local sportsman's club. Used it for general clean up an moving over 60 yards of wood chips to cover the range. I never stopped moving for over 4 hrs.

Today I took it out the barn so I could get my Model A out, and then I put it back in the barn.

I used my BX to put chips down at my local range, last year. How local? About 50' from m my front door. I love living in the country.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #6  
Bolted an ammo can to the right side rear fender to hold a yeti water bottle, gloves, couple white rags, .410 pistol, you know, the necessities.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #7  
I used my BX to put chips down at my local range, last year. How local? About 50' from my front door. I love living in the country.

I could build a range in my back yard if I desired and I have considered it. I do shoot in the woods behind my house but I enjoy the comradery of belonging to the club about 1/4 of a mile down the road. I've been involved actively and long enough to be a life member, so I use the range there.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #8  
If a few days ago counts as today, I pulled down a dying sugar maple near my barn. Put a cable on it with a couple come alongs, then dug on the root on the far side. Got it leaning good but it hung up on another tree, so I nudged it with the hoe and she fell. All bucked up, split, stacked back on the wood pile, stump deposited way out back, leveled, and grass seed planted...

Attachments

• SAM_0923 (Large).jpg
    SAM_0923 (Large).jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 781
  • SAM_0927 (Large).jpg
    SAM_0927 (Large).jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 800
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #9  
Spread fertilizer in the yard and mowed the pasture.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Had about an hour today. Until my EA Grapple shows up, I am stuck using the forks to move logs and boulders. So I did a little bit of both.

Ran into a boulder that I couldn't lift, so I swung around and tried to scoop it up with the backwards facing bucket I have on my 3PT. Worked at it a bit but no joy.

Tried shoving the boulder with the back bucket, knowing full well that it was a bad idea, and yep, I can confirm it was. I managed to bend one of the 3PT arms. At least I made it 10 hours before I broke something.