Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #31  
oosik

I read your posts all the time but never noticed your footer before: "isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Wow if there was ever a more true and accurate statement. Never thought of it in those exact words but thank you for saying it so concisely.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
Yes, you just have to watch that they don't get to you and grind you down(Silvic).

The good news - its a LITTLE less smoky this am(probably wind shift) and, so far, very little ash accumulation. However - the burning smell lingers on.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
Good link there bcp. I see our states favorite place to burn is at it again - Okanogan/Wenatchee Nat Forrest. Even though its 1.5 million acres - one of these days it will all be black, at the rate its going. This Nat Forrest is very remote(borders British Colombia), extreme terrain & expensive to fight wildfires.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #36  
IMG_0514.jpgThe B.C. Fires have been affecting the Willamette Valley for weeks in small and large ways. The last ten days fires in Oregon have been breaking out here and there. The last week has been tragic and horrendous for those in the direct vicinity. For all others it has been air quality like Bejing. The last few days are terrible for breathing. Most farmers are curtailing any activity that is not in dirt. No mowing no flailing. Just tillage in dirt. The woods are closed down except for some spots on the coast.

It is the first time I have had ash on my rig since the Volcano blew.
All logging sides have tankers and fire rigs on site.
Farmers have big tanks on farm trucks and little tanks on pickups.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #37  
Bit better today in Colfax. Still lots of smoke but less that yesterday. Fell a tree and brushed out about a third of it, quit at 10:30 due to too much coughing.

I think the count last night was 68 days with no measurable precip. All time record is 73. We have a good chance to break that one. There is just a remote chance of a bit of rain this weekend. Big front coming in, they expect that to clear out at least some of the smoke in this area.

We may break the record for the most days of 90 or above this year also.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #39  
We had a thunder shower move overhead tonight, not much lightning and about 2 hours of light rain, enough to change the color of the dirt.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #40  
It's raining now, drumming on the roof! I wish I could send you some. I worry about my daughter in MT.