craftsman tools lifetime warranty

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #11  
There was a Sears store that was an anchor in a Mall in a town close by. Due to bad service, poor quality merchandise, and I'm sure bad management it closed its doors a couple of years ago. The closest store to me is approx. 50 miles away. They had already lost me as a customer and the only shopping lately was to exchange broken ratchets anyway so I'm not missing them. As somebody said on another thread " It's sad that a well liked and respected company as large as Sears can go downhill as fast as it did" ??

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #12  
There was 3 sears stores within 100 miles of me in the last 6 months 2 have closed there doors. Now we just got the one and I also tried returning a ratchet got one back that somebody had taken a grinder to. I own a ton of craftsman. I just hope they don't close there doors completely. But with the internet even our mall looks pretty empty. I'm still old fashion and like to touch and feel something before I buy it.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #13  
Sears in Canada is closing every store by the end of the year.
They are currently liquidating inventory.
All warranties and extended protection plans are no longer honored.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #14  
Hopefully Stanley will fix some of the issues with Craftsman tools. I was looking at buying a set (300 piece give or take) socket set to replenish my supply. They were made in America at the time which is why I was going to pull the trigger. But after reading a number of reviews people were complaining that the chrome plating was falling off. Not a huge issue but they also stopped imprinting the base with the size. So when the chrome peeled off it took the etching designating the size with it so you ended up with an unmarked socket.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #15  
Crapsman tools sure aren't what they USE TO BE,

standard.jpg

I had to go find my S&K breaker bar to finish the job!

SR

How'd you break the thumb wheel ratchet?

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #16  
How'd you break the thumb wheel ratchet?

Think he said he only used his weight, some people just have a heavy thumb............

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #17  
Crapsman tools sure aren't what they USE TO BE,

standard.jpg

I had to go find my S&K breaker bar to finish the job!

SR

That's not saying much for USA made tools, that was the only reason why I bought Craftsman tools, that and the last set I bought 4 years ago finally had big easy to read numbers on the sockets, if they didn't I would've bought the Chinese made tool set at Walmart with the easy to read BIG NUMBERS....

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #18  
I have had pretty good luck with craftsman tools. We have a Sears store in topeka ks and they replace stuff no questions asked. I did break a 1/2 inch drive ratchet once. The put neew guts in my ratchet while I waited. I'm not a big fan of chinese, Taiwan or Japanese tools. I have nothing but trouble with those tools. Western auto used to carry craftsman tools, but I don't know where there is a western auto anymore. Craftsman,s k, husky, and those are my preferred brands. They all seem to hold up pretty well. Snap on is the Cadillac of tools, but who can afford them. Their prices are rediculas.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #19  
Same bad luck here with Craftsman sockets. I once broke a 3/8 inch, half-inch drive 3/8's. It amazing how much torque I can lay down with only a 4-foot cheater bar.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #20  
Same bad luck here with Craftsman sockets. I once broke a 3/8 inch, half-inch drive 3/8's. It amazing how much torque I can lay down with only a 4-foot cheater bar.

Good One!!! :D