Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other?

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #11  
It appears op already has the drive built and was asking what to use to maintain. Judging by shadow of dog and puddle off to side of drive it has some elevation to it and probably in areas where needed. The dirt rock mixed described will work well with landplane. Depending on direction and tilt you can move some material towards center for a small crown if that's what you want.

Yes, other attachments like blade, rake, boxblade could and would work...depending how many times you want to run back and forth. Just won't work as well as landplane with rippers for what op outlined. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Last edited:
   / Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #12  
You CAN maintain a crown with a grading scraper that is properly designed and set up (ex: Land Pride with adjustable blades).

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #13  
You CAN maintain a crown with a grading scraper that is properly designed and set up (ex: Land Pride with adjustable blades).

And you can also do so with a box blade; I do. I have a box blade because it's the jack-of-all-trades, though perhaps not the best for any particular one. Plus it wasn't as easy to learn to use as I thought. But after flattening several dozen yards of fill and topsoil, and removing snow, etc., I have the hang of it. I'm gonna put on a hydraulic top link (and likely a tilt link, too), as the angle is very important.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #14  

Or just adjust you tractor's side links(manually or with TNT). We make both styles, but I'd much rather have the rigid mounted than have to go monkeying and fine tuning with bolts.
Travis

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #15  
Wow - sounds like one day all three items will need to rented/borrowed or purchased. Please keep your comments coming as I am weighing my opitons...
Thank You!

Now you see the picture !! Two anyway but three can all be used. You need an implement to shape the road. A rear blade or box blade. I prefer a rear blade for my particular road needs. Then you can use that for surface maintenance also, which should be done often enough so major reshaping is not required very much. If you want efficiency on the surface maintenance get a LandPlane. They are easy and quick to use so that going over the road often is not a burden.

gg

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #16  
8 or 10' chunk of I beam and drag it around on an angle no learning curve.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #17  
Wow - sounds like one day all three items will need to rented/borrowed or purchased. Please keep your comments coming as I am weighing my opitons...
Thank You!

With your New Holland T4.120, to be able to get the full capabilities from your machine, you need heavy attachments. You would be looking at about 5K for a hydraulic rear blade, another 4k-5k for a Gannon box blade with hydraulic rippers and 4k for a Road Boss LPGS. I's nice to have a good land scape rake also for touch up to make things look nice, and that's a little over 2k.

Get skid shoes for the rear blade and learn how to use your draft control, no tail wheel required once you master the draft control and of course a nice top & tilt set runs about $1300 for your tractor.

You get all of these items and you will have one heck of a grading setup and could grade just about anything and do it well. :cool2:

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #18  
It appears op already has the drive built and was asking what to use to maintain. Judging by shadow of dog and puddle off to side of drive it has some elevation to it and probably in areas where needed. The dirt rock mixed described will work well with landplane. Depending on direction and tilt you can move some material towards center for a small crown if that's what you want.

Yes, other attachments like blade, rake, boxblade could and would work...depending how many times you want to run back and forth. Just won't work as well as landplane with rippers for what op outlined. Enjoy whatever you choose!

No matter how much you “Tilt” a land plane, you will have little or no lateral movement of material. You need a rear blade for that.

As Garth Brooks said “Ask me how I know”.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other?
I looked in the regional forum but did not see posts similar to this concerning places with a variety of in-stock attachments - box blades, rakes, land planes, grapples, tractor accessories etc. So I will add to my post here...

I would like to visit a dealer of attachments to see them in person and to talk to someone in person too. Would really like to find a place that deals in used equipment too.

What are a few good locations in the South and West Houston Texas area out I10 towards Columbus or even down 69 towards Rosenberg / Hwy 36 up to Sealy?

Appreciate your input,

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #20  
I looked in the regional forum but did not see posts similar to this concerning places with a variety of in-stock attachments - box blades, rakes, land planes, grapples, tractor accessories etc. So I will add to my post here...

I would like to visit a dealer of attachments to see them in person and to talk to someone in person too. Would really like to find a place that deals in used equipment too.

What are a few good locations in the South and West Houston Texas area out I10 towards Columbus or even down 69 towards Rosenberg / Hwy 36 up to Sealy?

Appreciate your input,

Brookside Equipment
Sealy Tractor
Washington County Tractor
Hvlinka in Rosenberg.