Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other?

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other?
Brookside Equipment
Sealy Tractor
Washington County Tractor
Hvlinka in Rosenberg.

Very good - I purchased my tractor at WC.
And visited each of the others during my search. Most shops sold new only and had very few if any used items on site. May have to make another visit to each and this time ask specifically about used equipment.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #22  
Very good - I purchased my tractor at WC.
And visited each of the others during my search. Most shops sold new only and had very few if any used items on site. May have to make another visit to each and this time ask specifically about used equipment.

Ok, more resources;

TractorHouse.com | Used Tractors For Sale: John Deere, Case IH, New Holland, Kubota.

Farm Equipment - Construction Equipment - Tractors | Fastline

I will add that, the implements you’re looking for, when found used are more often than not ............VERY used.

I bought new because of that. The only used implement I have is a Hay King 2020 disc harrow I bought from a neighbor who bought more disc than his 30hp tractor could pull.

Brian (MtnViewRanch) offers up an excellent set of dirt tools that match up to your tractor above. And he knows how to use them.

He can also set you up with high quality hydraulic Top and side links. I have three sets of his cylinder kits.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #23  
Wow - sounds like one day all three items will need to rented/borrowed or purchased. Please keep your comments coming as I am weighing my opitons...
Thank You!

Take a look at the post by ..rigustafson...poat#8
His picture of the land plane in use, shows his nice FLAT driveway.
If you like a FLAT driveway, and lots of puddles, then you should get a land plane.
If you want a driveway that SHEDS water, it can ONLY be developed, and MAINTAINED with a rear blade.

Have you EVER seen ANYTHING that looks anything like a land plane on a highway construction project?
A MOTOR GRADER is the machine used for roadway construction.
A rear blade is a poor man's grader.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #24  
I've had Brian's(MtnViewRanch) hydraulic top link for four years now. Excellent piece of equipment. VERY stout and does exactly what he said it would do.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #25  
Take a look at the post by ..rigustafson...poat#8
His picture of the land plane in use, shows his nice FLAT driveway.
If you like a FLAT driveway, and lots of puddles, then you should get a land plane.
If you want a driveway that SHEDS water, it can ONLY be developed, and MAINTAINED with a rear blade.

Dear Mr. fried

The drive in picture was under construction in the picture not completed. It had been a grass path, from my other out buildings, to our horse barn. I was building up a base of crushed concrete.

I grabbed that picture because of a view of my Woods Grader. Here’s another one without the view of the offending “flat” drive.

IMG_0058.JPG

I would have attached these pics but, no Grader picture in them.

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Built with LP rear blade, maintained with Woods Grader.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #26  
Dear Mr. fried

The drive in picture was under construction in the picture not completed. It had been a grass path, from my other out buildings, to our horse barn. I was building up a base of crushed concrete.

I grabbed that picture because of a view of my Woods Grader. Here’s another one without the view of the offending “flat” drive.

View attachment 537127

View attachment 537124

View attachment 537125

View attachment 537126

nice lookin property.

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other?
Thanks for the additional resources. I am enjoying getting into the "farming" aspect of owning land. Wish I had more time to spend on the property. I keep telling myself it's not a race but a journey...

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #29  
Dear Mr. fried

View attachment 537127

View attachment 537124

View attachment 537125

View attachment 537126

Rick,
I think you did a great job on your road. :thumbsup:

/ Box Blade or Land Plane - for this dirt road type? Other? #30  
Thanks for the additional resources. I am enjoying getting into the "farming" aspect of owning land. Wish I had more time to spend on the property. I keep telling myself it's not a race but a journey...

Look at the "Land Pride" website. They have everything you might need/want.