Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here!

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #11  
I found a Land Pride 72" in the ugly yellow paint, it's the newer current model FDR 2572 and it's really clean looking and rust free. I offered $650 and he took it! That's a $3,000 mower new! I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #12  
I found a Land Pride 72" in the ugly yellow paint, it's the newer current model FDR 2572 and it's really clean looking and rust free. I offered $650 and he took it! That's a $3,000 mower new! I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.

Great deal!

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #13  
FORD TRACTOR, 1982 model 36 - farm & garden - by owner - sale

I have not seen this one in person but if I was in the market for another Ford or just had a good place to keep it I would try to bring it home based on the photos. This 3610 was the first year with the internal brakes vs the rear axles that leaked on the shoes when they get old. It is on 80 just east of Lake Barkley. 2400 easy hours sounds good at least on paper. :)

I see this tractor listing is still up. At noon I will be about 15+ miles from its stated location if someone is in the market for this class of tractor and can try to take a look at it. I have not talked to the seller.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #14  
I just got back from looking at a Massey Ferguson branded 72" rear discharge off of Craigs list. Asking price was $750. All four wheels were in various states of worn out with washer and bolts added to hold them together. One was dragged so long it was missing about half the right side. Wrong blades on it but the system turned freely and smooth from what I could tell. Typical dents and dings but obviously rode hard and put up wet for a long time. I walked away. Too much of a project to offer any more than a few hundred on it so I just didn't want to even make and offer. Id expect to have to put at least $500 into it right away. Too many mint ones in that price range to bother.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #15  
FORD TRACTOR, 1982 model 36 - farm & garden - by owner - sale

I have not seen this one in person but if I was in the market for another Ford or just had a good place to keep it I would try to bring it home based on the photos. This 3610 was the first year with the internal brakes vs the rear axles that leaked on the shoes when they get old. It is on 80 just east of Lake Barkley. 2400 easy hours sounds good at least on paper. :)

Since was not that much out of my I looked at this 1982 Ford. I have seen worse but it amazes me how people can beat up a tractor in 2500 hours the way some are. I missed the main left front axle bracing arm was so bowed up in the photos. it has had some low quality repainting. The rust on the rear left side of the block from oil filter backwards and from the head gasket down concerned me. Perhaps it was steam cleaned or had a leaking head gasket. I could not get the battery rack to swing out so I could see around the injectors.The engine oil and transmission oil looked new like. The tractor is setting a few feet off 272 at the address that Google reported matching the listed phone number so I did not speak with anyone or start the tractor but the key was in it. Perhaps the tractor is just fine but I would have to think twice even at half of the listed price since we are not short on tractors. I now better understand why some find the low end imports so appealing.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #16  
   / Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #17  
I gave $500 for my Woods RD72 last summer.

RD72_zpspdbwhq1x.jpg

The guy said the ad had been up 2 months,, I was the first one to show up,,
several people had called,,,

The mower ran when I got it home, but, the old belt was dry rotted,, it failed in two hours.
After the new belt, the mower has been perfect,,,

He honestly had just installed new Woods blades before he parked it,,,

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #18  
Got a 5' King Cutter Brush Hog like new, 5' 3 point disc and 5' back blade for $400 at a home where the grand kid inherited the hobby farm. He just wanted it all gone.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #19  
I gave $500 for my Woods RD72 last summer.

RD72_zpspdbwhq1x.jpg

The guy said the ad had been up 2 months,, I was the first one to show up,,
several people had called,,,

The mower ran when I got it home, but, the old belt was dry rotted,, it failed in two hours.
After the new belt, the mower has been perfect,,,

He honestly had just installed new Woods blades before he parked it,,,

That was a great value. I find showing up with cash is powerful. Learned that as a small boy when the pen hooker would show up at our farm to buy dad's cows when dad was cash starved. In FFA I built a loading chute and then when to the slab pile and we built some cattle racks out of scraps in the slab pile so the next time the pen hooker showed up I told dad we would take them off ourselves. We netted $600 more which about paid for the old truck. The pen hooker stopped coming around. Later for a very low fee the auction house would send out cattle trailers and take them to market for dad.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #20  
On my local, Charleston SC CL is a Ford 2000 RUNNING for $2000.00 obo..
I take that back.. its on facebook, marketplace..
THATS another GOOD SPOT to find local deals from home owners.. hardly any dealers.. just folks tryin to make an easy dollar..
So any of you folks that have a FB account.. log in & look for the header> "marketplace"..
I've gotten AFEW GOOD DEALS off of it.. BRAND NEW 6' fiberglass Werner ladder for 30.00, hadn't even been stepped on.. Lol
& a 3100 psi electric pressure washer, FREE.. BEFORE I got there, the fella ran it for a few minutes w/ no water going thru it & it shut off & wouldn't come back on, so he gave it to me!!! He wanted 75.00 in the ad..
I took it home, took it apart, found the problem & fixed it w/ no parts & no money in it..

Facebook market place is my preferred site. There's virtually no scammers and the message format is more convenient for me. I don't frequently check email so that's no good. And I don't like phone calls it's much more inconvenient than a message that I can reply to when I'm not busy. The downside is the people using it are for the most part pretty trashy and it not as big as Craigslist. At least that's my experience.