Chipper New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #11  
I'm not clear about the claim that Woodland Mills is a copy of the Woodmaxx. Unless I am missing something they have a major design difference in the feed rollers as the Woodmaxx is straight and the Woodland Mills the wood comes in at an angle. This is the same design the much larger PTO chippers like the Bandit 200 utilize.

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #12  
Old thread but just sharing my experience with the Woodland Mills WC88 I just got. It is an awesome piece of machinery for the price. I looked at the WM and this one and very glad I choose the Woodland Mills. I was skeptical and while I hoped I made a good decision, I have been very pleased with every aspect of the purchase. The delivery to South MS took only 7 days after ordering. The unit came well packed on a steel pallet frame. Instructions and assembly was easy. The unit is robustly constructed and excellent engineering in the design. I have it attached to my M7060 and run it in the e-pto setting and run the chipper at 540 (not sure why anyone running them lower than design?) The unit devours everything I put in it. If you watch the great video WM has on the units design and workings I think it is easy to see it is a better unit than the WM. Look at all the 5 star reviews on their website too. I am more than happy with this chipper.

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #13  
Old thread but just sharing my experience with the Woodland Mills WC88 I just got. It is an awesome piece of machinery for the price. I looked at the WM and this one and very glad I choose the Woodland Mills. I was skeptical and while I hoped I made a good decision, I have been very pleased with every aspect of the purchase. The delivery to South MS took only 7 days after ordering. The unit came well packed on a steel pallet frame. Instructions and assembly was easy. The unit is robustly constructed and excellent engineering in the design. I have it attached to my M7060 and run it in the e-pto setting and run the chipper at 540 (not sure why anyone running them lower than design?) The unit devours everything I put in it. If you watch the great video WM has on the units design and workings I think it is easy to see it is a better unit than the WM. Look at all the 5 star reviews on their website too. I am more than happy with this chipper.

Where is the chipper made ?

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #14  
Where is the chipper made ?

Engineered in Canada and manufactured in China. IMO this is the best quality Chinese made units to get something of this quality USA made wood cost MUCH more. The WM unit is a great value and high quality. Welds are ugly but strong with good powder coating.

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #15  
Engineered in Canada and manufactured in China. IMO this is the best quality Chinese made units to get something of this quality USA made wood cost MUCH more. The WM unit is a great value and high quality. Welds are ugly but strong with good powder coating.

IMG_2018.JPGIMG_2030.JPG

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #17  
I have the WM88 on my JD955. The horsepower and 3pt lifting capacity were borderline but I really wanted the larger opening. I had a Jimma and that was a job to use. We burn everything over a couple inches, so this is for branches and brush. Well built, hydraulic variable feed is excellent. With the 33 hp Deere, and brush this size you can barely feed it fast enough. The quality and the price made it a good deal, and from what I have saw about used chipper resale values, I can't go wrong. For the homeowner who has a lot of trees, and likes the freedom to do things on his own schedule, this is an excellent choice. I also have the WG24 stump grinder. It's just as satisfactory as the chipper.

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #18  
I chipped 3 dump trailers full over the the last couple of days and really like the chipper. Just make sure you don't have a knife clipped in your pocket while chipping! Somehow a small limb snatched my Kershaw Shallot out my pocket and the WC88 ate it!!! I never found what remained of the knife as at the time I assumed the metallic fuss I have heard was a piece of wire the made it in the chipper. Later I realized that was my knife. Only damage to the chipper was one of the blades was nicked pretty bad. Glad the blades are reversible!

/ New Woodland Mills 8″ PTO Wood Chipper recommendation #19  
I have a WC68. It is the Woodland Mills 6” chipper. I run it with my Case 75a and our old Massey 35. Both tractors handle it perfectly. I have had it for 3 years now and use it at least twice a week, chipping on average one dump trailer per week. We own 50 acres that is almost all bush and use it to keep the trails cleaned up. We also have a small fruit orchard and are always finding a use for the chipper there too. When I first used the chipper I wanted to see what it would handle so I tried a piece of apple wood about 5” dia. The chipper chewed it up like it was straw! I put new blades on this year just as a part of maintenance, after looking at the old set that I’ve used since new you can hardly see any wear on them. I’m extremely satisfied with this chipper and would strongly suggest this to anyone