My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Friday, I finally got my backhoe stabilizer cylinder back together. It was leaking bad and I knew I had to weld the upper cylinder bolt attach fitting. So off it came. The rod was bent, which caused the bolt fitting to change from a "O" to a "C" shape. I had it welded, while I waited on Mahindra to get me a new rod.

Well.............Mahindra didn't have any rods and I was told it would take Bradco two weeks to see if they did OR did not have a rod in stock. I said.............come one, there are thousands of Bradco 511 backhoe (skid steer is a 611) out there and no rod. So I looked up Houston Hydrualic and they welded a new rod to my fitting and machined the shouldered threads on for $20 more than the price I had already paid Mahindra for a new one. This and only a 3 day turn around!

I had taken the cylinder apart 4 weeks ago, so I had the hoe chained up and the remote off. I was sure glad to have it back in one piece!
Backhoe Cylinder Lug Welded.jpgBackhoe Stabilizer Cylinder Rod Bent.jpg
hugs, Brandi

Last fall, I bought me an onboard air compressor and an air horn for my Dodge dually. Seems there are just too many drivers in Houston cutting me off or 18 wheelers pushing me out of my lane.

So in my spare time (I made time) I have been building two mounting racks to mount to the right frame rails under the bed and right rear door. The air compressor is under the bed and the trumpet is under the right rear passenger seat.

I finish the wiring tomorrow! It's a 28 inch long trumpet! Air Horn Kit 1.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #113  
Last weekend, I removed a huge Sweetgum stump. It was 36 inches at the stump cut. I had a neighbor cut the tree down, as I pulled it with the tractor, as it curved over my back neighbor's fence. View attachment 549000View attachment 549001
hugs, Brandi

I am so envious of your soil, I will take about 20 tandem loads of it. :D

Last fall, I bought me an onboard air compressor and an air horn for my Dodge dually. Seems there are just too many drivers in Houston cutting me off or 18 wheelers pushing me out of my lane.

So in my spare time (I made time) I have been building two mounting racks to mount to the right frame rails under the bed and right rear door. The air compressor is under the bed and the trumpet is under the right rear passenger seat.

I finish the wiring tomorrow! It's a 28 inch long trumpet! View attachment 549004
hugs, Brandi

Those things are really loud! Is the output adjustable?

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #115  
Rick that's loud

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #116  
Rick that's loud

It’s very loud! It’s 139 dB.

I ordered two of them, a while back. They were out of the black ones and actually sent me two of the chrome ones for same price.

I am so envious of your soil, I will take about 20 tandem loads of it. :D
Those things are really loud! Is the output adjustable?

Jack,
Now why would I want to adjust it?:confused3: Bring plenty of red clay and you can have the sandy loam!
hugs, Brandi

Mine is all Black Clay Gumbo.
Jack,
I know that.;) That is what Rebecca has in Manor. Black gumbo is snot, especially when wet.:shocked:
hugs, Brandi